cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed -- WDR_TEST_ZCI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Experts, could you please guide me. Can anybody help or point me where and how the first screen is populated in the standard SAP webdynpro for ABAP program WDR_TEST_ZCI. Will reward points for the best answers.

Thanks

Novice Abap developer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your effort.

My question is, how do they populate the first screen. If you look at the Adobe Form, the data variables are not bound and you can't see the input fields in the form in the design window. How did they populate the first screen, if it is dynamic then where is the code and how can I view it?

I checked the WINIT method both the controller and views and I can't find the code. Experts, please explain?

Thanks

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

First create the context in web dynpro for the view in which you want to show the Adobe form. And in the WDDOINIT or WDDOMODIFYVIEW method write your code to fill the context, and then provide the adobe form in the PDF source property.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I do know how to write a WD program that uses my model data in the adobe form. My question is specific to the SAP's sample program. How did they do it? I would like to learn that method? How is it displaying the fields in the pdf form without designing the fields in the form. It might be either dynamic or script in the pdf. The code has to be either in ABAP or javascript or FormCalc. I cannot find the ABAP code in the WD. I was also not able to see other formats. I would like to learn the SAP Technique in this sample program.

They are also using a WDR_OVS component. I don't know whether this component is really being used or not? If used, please advice me how it is being used?

Thanks

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I didn't hear from anybody yet. I don't know whether I can ask this to Thomas. Could you please answer my question. Thanks.

Edited by: Senthil Kumar on Jul 17, 2008 3:33 AM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm afraid that there is nothing magical or special going on here. Try logging onto the system in German. What you have here is a simple case of a form developed in German, but never translated to English. Therefore when you look at it in the designer in English no fields show up. However at runtime, the system knows that the English version is missing and falls back to the original language of the form - German. That is why it outputs fine at runtime, but you see nothing on the form in the designer.

At first I thought there was some super secret scripting exit or something as well. Turns out to just be something silly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Duh...Awesome find. Thanks a lot.

Thanks

Novice

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In this application if you check your window node , START view is your default view.So first view Triggred will be START. so thats your first screen.

is this answers your query

regards

Naresh