cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Process within SAP MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can SAP MDM workflow handle multiple approval process. Is MDM support looping mechanism?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Please go through the following link. Its a very nice exxplaination on loop scenarios.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60f28084-b90e-2b10-3eb6-d6565367...

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If apporver rejects the request - What happens to the record? Is that going to be there in MDM or it will be roll back (for change items) and deleted (for new record)?

Is there a mechanism in MDM to find out - record history for approval/ rejection? History of recjected records?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

If approver rejects the records then the workflow will go back to previous step also u can branch the workflow on the basis of approve/disprove i.e. if the records approve then to a step and if approved then to a default step by using Branch.The record will be in MDM .The workflow history can be seen in data manager.And to have a report u can make a application. The link shows hw to have the history.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/001d22fb-622d-2b10-22ac-998acecf...

The history will give complete report about approve/reject.

Rgds

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have master data request which is not as per policy and procedure and i need to reject the item with no further action accepted from the previous step. Is this possible? Even if it goes back to previous step, is the previous step owner has right to delete the record or roll back to original record?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In MDM we don't delete records.Only the action of creating/updating record will be rejected .If updating original record will be there and if creating new nothing happens on disapprove.Andf the process stop

Rgds

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok. If its change of existing master data then it will be rollback to original record. But if it is new record then nothing happens which means, the new record will persist in the system even though those are rejected completely. This may mislead master record entries even though rejected?

Is that attached link (workflow process described) would stop this automatically or we need to define this with additional step for new record rejection process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This u can implement in this way .

Request to MDM-> To be approved by The Authorized person->

I Approve---->Branch step ---> Move to next step (If approve) else Stop

U have to define the step in Workflow for this.

(this will be a better way not to mislead.)

Hope this amy help u.

Rgds

Ankit

Edited by: ankit jain on Jul 17, 2008 5:59 AM

Answers (0)