cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown in InteractiveForm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to see all my values in the Dropdown.

I tried with both webDynpro native Enumerated DropDown and ValueHelp dropdown list.

I can see only the first value in the Dropdown but I don't see rest of the values ( all are blank !!!)

Am I missing some properties ??

Thanks, Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

How have u filled the values to the dropdown, the actual way would be to fill it with the use of Simple Types

Say if ur Context Structure is:

DataSource

DataNode

DataAttr

A.. Populate the attribute.

B. define a simple type.

C. Bind the Attribute to Simple type.

D. Follow below mentioned steps:

1>> IWDAttributeInfo Nodeinfo =

wdContext.nodeDataNode().getNodeInfo().getAttribute ("DataAttr");

2>> ISimpleTypeModifiable Node= Nodeinfo .getModifiableSimpleType();

3>> IModifiableSimpleValueSet NodeValueSet = Node.getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet();

E. Bind the Dropdown field to this attribute.

You'll get the desired rsults.

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Amita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried this too.,

I can able to see the values in webdynpro dropdown Uielement. But when I click on adobe drodpdown, I am getting Adobe error and its terminating the Adobe interactive form.

I am using Adobe 8.1.1 . Something wrong with ActiveX components on my client side ??

Thanks, Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved by changing the Interactiveform display type to Native.

changed the binding proprties of the EnumaratedDropdown .Modified the "REPLACE_THIS" with context name

But the performance is really bad ..taking couple of minutes to render the valuehelp.I have 236 rows in the valuehelp.

Thanks, Anil

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur, I also tried this option, thou i was able to get the DD populated with the values from the database, i wasnt able to get the selected record in the context.

When i did a submit on selecting a DD value, the value i got from LEAD selection or CurrentNodeELement was 0th element.

Any idea why s this so'? Can you provide me the code you wrote to fetch value from the dropdown on submit?

I do have another thread open for the issue "Populatinig Drop down in Adobe - EnumDropDownlist. " Please reply to thtat to get points as this thread is opened by you.

~Nitin

Edited by: Nitin Mahajan on Jul 16, 2008 7:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Please go through this note: 1013227(explains the proper way to populate the Native DDs), will help u solve your problem for sure.

I guess, the binding u've used is wrong, the way we bind our DD with a context attribute is a li'l different in case of native DDs.

So, go through the above mentioned note. If problem still persists let me know.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Amita

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is not that you are missing any values, it's that the number of values shown in the dropdown list is restricted by a value that is set in the visual administrator. By default, the maximum number of values that a dropdown can have is 50. If you have 51 or more, it will only show the first entry. If you want, you can switch the value in the Visual Administrator, or you can use an ISR Text Edit - Value Help.

I know the post is old, but I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Kevin

Answers (0)