cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CN41 default display variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been struggling with this request for a while.

We just upgraded from 46B to ECC60. for report CN41, the user want to setup a default display variant so every time they logon, they don't need to manually pick a display variant. In the 46B version, you can save a variant as a default variant through variant management on the report display page. But in the ECC60, it's gone. I tried and tried, but there is no way I can find to save a variant as default in the ECC60 version. Also, the users don't want to have the project expanded to WBS levels at all when they execute the report. They want all the projects to be collapsed when they execute the report. I don't know how to set this up either.

I tried cn41n, but you can't do drill down and can't make the projects all collapsed either.

Please help.

I have tried every way I could and can't find the solution.

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody?

there must be people using CN41 or CN41n all the time. Please help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy

Assuming that I understood your issue.here is the solution for one of your troubles.

1) In the CN41 report Menu bar click on Evaluation --> Get Profiles/Variant

2) In the pop-up that opens up note the subprofile you are using for displayed fields

3) Goto SPRO --> PS --> Info Systems --> Technical project reports --> Define profiles for displayed fields --> select structure overview --> enter the subprofile you are using for displayed fields --> Add the fields you want to be defaulted as new entries -- SAVE.

4) Once you have done this go back to the profiles/variant screen and select the profile once again

This should solve your issue

Regards

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith,

Thanks for your answer. By the change you suggested, I was able to set a default display variant with preferred field selection.

Then through the configuration path of PS informatin systems, I still can't find a way to collapse all the WBS and only display projects when using executing the report.

Or do you how to display more collapse button on the report?

thank you very much.

Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy.

If you only want to display only the Project definition in CN41, you have an option to select the objects that you want to see. To do this, select View > select object types on the Menu bar and check the relevent objects.

In case you want to collapse the hierarchy, select the level from which you want to collapse (+ by checking the box on the left of the object+ ) and click on the Hierarchy button on the Application toolbar. In the pop up, click on the Compress ( +Collapse +) button.

Maybe this would help.

Regards,

Ajinkya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy.

If you only want to display only the Project definition in CN41, you have an option to select the objects that you want to see. To do this, select View > select object types on the Menu bar and check the relevent objects.

In case you want to collapse the hierarchy, select the level from which you want to collapse (+ by checking the box on the left of the object+ ) and click on the Hierarchy button on the Application toolbar. In the pop up, click on the Compress ( +Collapse +) button.

Maybe this would help.

Regards,

Ajinkya