cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting from development to production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my project the PI development server is connected to the R3 Quality Test server. I don't know nothing about transports in PI and I'm not doing that task but I need to know what happens when the communication channels that I've created are transported to production PI to work with production R3.

Am I allowed to update the communication channels with the R3 Production Server data to keep RFC connections configured? And have I to reimport the RFC definitions from R3 Production server again to work with production PI server?

Are the Integration Builder and Integration Directory modifiable in Production server?

Edited by: Marshal Oliveras on Jul 15, 2008 6:08 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Am I allowed to update the communication channels with the R3 Production Server data to keep RFC connections configured? And have I to reimport the RFC definitions from R3 Production server again to work with production PI server?

~~~~~~~~~

You will have to manually change the destinations and other parameters for the adapters when you move from dev to qa to prd.

usually, a different team takes care fo the production server and only they will have the require authorization. So in that case it is require by the developer to inform the team of what changes need to be made in the adapters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thank you Shabarish. That's what I needed to know

Thank you too Venkataramesh

Edited by: Marshal Oliveras on Jul 15, 2008 6:19 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What ever Shabarish mentioned that is correct add one more point to that, in general in the configuration part they will again do manually without importing from Quality, because some times it gives problem so some times manually configure the ID part again in the production.