cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recognize the no of which document no

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Can you please tell How to recognize the no of which document no.

Example : User has given one no reference 2030998567 which he does not know due any reason.

How we can findout which is/are the documents this no is being used as.

Thanks

Gyana Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gyana Ranjan

Number ranges will be different for sale orders, deliveries and billing and via document flow, we can see which document the reference pertains to.

First try with VA03, input the reference as 2030998567 and check the document flow. If you are able to see the document flow, numbers starts with 20 are pertains to sale order. Similarly you have to check for Delivery (VL02N) and Billing (VF03)

The other way is go to VN01 and check where the above reference range is assigned. On the left side, you can see a numeric value. Make a note of it and check in VOV8 and VOFA whether that value is assigned in the field Number Range.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your attempt.

We have checked somany things apart of the sales related documents

But the problem is we are not finding which particular document contains this kind of no range in our system.

Can we use any table to filter it out.

Hope it is clear to you. if any clarification required please let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ranjan,

First make sure this is a Sales related Document. If so, go to SE16 and VBFA try to give this is VBELV or VBELN.

I hope this helps.

Rgds,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gyana,

U can check the same in Table NRIV & object is RV_BELEG if it is a any sales document then u can filter that. And if it is a sales document it will be there in VBPA table.

Check and respond if it doesnt work

Regards

Jack

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member70391
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gyana,

I am not sure whether it helps you. But As you said it is from Idoc you can do the following steps to find out,

1. Go to Transaction Code WE05

2. Click on tab EDI

3. There are so many parameters like

Transfer File Reference

Reference to Message Group

Message Reference

EDI Archive Key

4. Enter your Document Number in Transfer File Reference, example : Transfer File Reference 2030998567.

5. Go to Default Tab and enter the Created On date range

6. Click on Execute button. If it there then it will lists the Idoc number. If not then repeat the step for next one.'

Example: Remove Transfer File Reference 2030998567. and maintain Message Reference 2030998567.

7. Normally I use EDI Archive Key option to find this.

Enter the Created On date Range in Default Tab

Go to EDI tab and enter Archive key as 2030998567. .

Hopefully it works.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagaraj Kalbavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please use this transaction code: xdn1. here you find all the number ranges for the document.

see the exactly where the number ranges fit in the available number ranges. if the number ranges is not there then the wrong no. it is.

thanks

Kuntla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot to all of you.

My situation is like : I am in a ocean, have got a ring & want to know belongs to whom.

Means 1. the number doesnt belong to any SD related documents.

2. Since the ticket has come from the user & you dont know to which module you can refer because you dont know what kind of document contains this number e.g. whether FI or MM or HR or PP or PM kind of documents.

3. This is IDOC failure related issue > user has given these numbers as he has found > more than this he cannot provide though we have tried a lot > User has indirectly forced me to know it from SAP.

• This is also not IDOC no.

I think Nagaraj has understood my requirement very clearly. However if anybody gets any clue, please help.

Gyana Ranjan.

former_member70391
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ranjan,

Just by number it is impossible to check which type of document. There are so many tcodes in SAP so I understand that it is impossible to check each individual transaction code. First make sure that the document related to SD, Billing, FI or PO related.

For example,

You can check the following transaction code, but I am not sure whether it helps you.

1. VF03

2. MIR4

3. FB03

4. KSB5

5. KB23N

But please make sure which type of document this is also where did u get this number.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagaraj Kalbavi