cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Drivers Issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on PI 7.0 with JDK version 1.4.2.12 for a File to JDBC scenario.

Here our destination Database is Oracle 8.1.7

Now while deploying the drivers for the JDBC drivers from the following Oracle site:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/index.html

we are having following Issues:

1. The Drivers for the Oracle database i.e availaible on the Oracle site for Oracle 8.1.7 supports only JDK version 1.2 and 1.3. So is it advisable to use these drivers?

2. If we use any higher version of driver say 10.2.0.1.0 (Currently we are using the same) that supports the JDK version 1.4 will it be downward compatible to Oracle 8.1.7 ?

3. Can we have two different JDK versions for the same XI servers ? Here I mean to say that can we have JDK 1.2 as well as JDK 1.4 for same XI server and if so please share the proper procedure.

Actually all these issues arised because we are using JDBC driver 10.2.0.1.0 but we are getting problems as below:

After every sometime say around an hour the XI server restarts automatically, but JDBC adapter services stop and do not start with the start of XI server, we have to start the services manually. So here we are considering that there could be some problem with the JDBC drivers.

Plz provide your valuable information in these issues.

Regards,

Rookie.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. The Drivers for the Oracle database i.e availaible on the Oracle site for Oracle 8.1.7 supports only JDK version 1.2 and 1.3. So is it advisable to use these drivers?

*If you use Oracle8.1.7 You should have Classes12.jar driver in visual admin *

JDBC Driver: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Connection: jdbc:oracle:thin:@<server IP>:<port>:<DataSource name>

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bdd6a690-0201-0010-238a-9c95a5fb...

2. If we use any higher version of driver say 10.2.0.1.0 (Currently we are using the same) that supports the JDK version 1.4 will it be downward compatible to Oracle 8.1.7 ?

You should have OJDBC14.jar driver in visual admin if you use Oracle 10

JDBC Driver: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Connection: jdbc:oracle:thin:@<server IP>:<port>:<DataSource name>

3. Can we have two different JDK versions for the same XI servers ? Here I mean to say that can we have JDK 1.2 as well as JDK 1.4 for same XI server and if so please share the proper procedure

No you should have only one JDK version for same XI server.

Also check bhavesh reply

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I totally disagree with Gabriel,

You can have multiple JDK`s..remember its all in your classpath..its JAVA..can anyone tell me why can i not have multiple jdk`s..when i can set the classpath to whatever jdk i want..

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi ,

You can have multiple JDK versions installed in the system . You can manage them by setting the correct configurations .

I have mentioned in my previous post.It is possible but with some cautious administration.

Regards,

Kishore

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can have multiple JDK versions like 1.3,1.4,1.5,1.6 in your system.

But your PI supports only one of JDK version like 1.4 only.

Even you can change your JDK version by choosing JVM in java control panel.

But PI is Compatible with correct with JDK version alone

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the valuable informations. I found the correct drivers from Oracle site and system working properly.

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rookie,

1) Did you look for the drivers at service.sap.com, you should have SAP tested compatible drivers there..!

2) i prefer sticking with compatible drivers to prevent runtime and other "odd" issues....

3) What do you mean when you say can we have the different jdk for same servers..as in Server1..jdk 1.4, and 1.5, you can install N jdk`s, however the behaviour

to be expected is the one from your classpath.

4) your restart issue...there is a sap note on that, ill post that tomorrow if someone doesnot beat me to it...:)

Regards

Ravi Raman

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rookie,

1) Did you look for the drivers at service.sap.com, you should have tested compatible drivers there..!

2) i prefer sticking with compatible drivers to prevent runtime and other "odd" issues....

3) What do you mean when you say can we have the different jdk for same servers..as in Server1..jdk 1.4, and 1.5, you can install N jdk`s, however the behaviour

to be expected is the one from your classpath.

4) your restart issue...there is a sap note on that, ill post that tomorrow if someone doesnot beat me to it...:)

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Sorry for this late reply.

I am actually now confused that whether to use the JDBC adapters for Oracle 8.1.7 which supports JDK upto 1.3 with my System with JDK 1.4.

Can any one plz provide me a SAP NOTE or a Blog where such issues are taken care of by SAP.

Regards,

Rahul Grover.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rookie,

Yes you need to use Oracle 8.1.7 drivers

NO , It is not compatible.

3. Can we have two different JDK versions for the same XI servers ? Here I mean to say that can we have JDK 1.2 as well as JDK 1.4 for same XI server and if so please share the proper procedure.

Actually all these issues arised because we are using JDBC driver 10.2.0.1.0 but we are getting problems as below:

Yes you can have two JDK versions on XI server.

Please let us know if you need any further information.

Regards,

Kishore