cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sesonality - Lead-Time - Forecasting

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a unique scenario regarding seasonality and limiting the sales window for the sale and shipment of certain products. Lets say for example my lead time is 40 days which is eight weeks from today so in theory I can have as much material as I wish so as long as my MAD date is 40 days from today. That being said the first date of this products particular shipping season is 03/02/2009 - 05/04/2009 which is where my forecast lies and where all sales should be. I am trying to develop a solution that handles this scenario is there any data field in SAP that allows you to define sales windows/periods? We wont start forecasting these products until around January but we will potentially get sales orders today for future shipment. Currently our lead time is an inflated value. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeremy

Please go thru the "Forecast model" portion in this link and see if this gives you some clue to move further.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/d3/0e4df2cf7911d1b59e0000e82debc6/frameset.htm

Thanks

Kalpesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A standard forecasting process/solution. Thanks!