cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to convert sender XI party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am getting error Unable to convert sender XI party http://sap.com/xi/XI/XIParty/9463015515 to an IDoc partner when I attempt to send an IDOC from XI to R/3. This is working for other scenarios, but not this new one I created.

The error shows up in the Call Adapter. Am I missing some configuration? In the past, I have seen this with acknowledgements coming back from R/3, but this hasn't even made it there.

BTW, I am testing this currently using the test section of the RWB.

In my configuration, I have checked Sender Party in the Receiver Agreement and added /SHPMNT05/IDOC/EDI_DC40/SNDPRN to get the partner number. The comm channel has checked Apply Control Records...

Any clue what else I may be missing?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but I am still getting the error. Any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried with values in SNDPRT as LI or KU as suggested by Aamir?

Former Member
0 Kudos

> In my configuration, I have checked Sender Party in the Receiver Agreement and added /SHPMNT05/IDOC/EDI_DC40/SNDPRN to get the partner number. The comm channel has checked Apply Control Records...

>

> Any clue what else I may be missing?

Wht you have checked Sender Party ?? Why not Sender Service.

Just check the Sender Serivce and try. it should work.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe my mapping is correct, as the EDI DC40 section contains the following:

- <EDI_DC40 SEGMENT="1">

<TABNAM>EDI_DC40</TABNAM>

<DOCNUM>118928</DOCNUM>

<DIRECT>2</DIRECT>

<IDOCTYP>SHPMNT05</IDOCTYP>

<MESTYP>SHPADV</MESTYP>

<MESFCT>945</MESFCT>

<SNDPOR>Not Available</SNDPOR>

<SNDPRT>ALE#LI#LF</SNDPRT>

<SNDPRN>9463015515</SNDPRN>

<RCVPOR>Not Available</RCVPOR>

<RCVPRN>Not Available</RCVPRN>

</EDI_DC40>

One thing I did notice in my error is the sender agency and sender scheme come up differently than a inbound that works.

Good document

<Trace level="1" type="T">Receiver service US_TST_100</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">Sender party 9463001300</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">Sender agency US_DC4_100</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">Sender scheme ALE#LI#LF</Trace>

Bad document

<Trace level="1" type="T">Receiver service US_TST_100</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">Sender party 9463015515</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">Sender agency http://sap.com/xi/XI</Trace>;

<Trace level="1" type="T">Sender scheme XIParty</Trace>

Could this be causing my error? If so, how is this set? Again, when I look at the documents, everything seem to match the scenarios that do work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<SNDPOR>Not Available</SNDPOR> 
<SNDPRT>ALE#LI#LF</SNDPRT> 
<SNDPRN>9463015515</SNDPRN> 
<RCVPOR>Not Available</RCVPOR> 
<RCVPRN>Not Available</RCVPRN> 

Well here are the changes i would do <SNDPOR> this will have the port number configured in XI to talk to R/3,<SNDPRT> this wil be LI or KU(as per the external partner),<RCVPOR> this is the port configured in R/3 to talk to XI,<RCVPRN> this is LS.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response....

However I have searched SDN to great degree. I have spent the past 3 hours this morning searching. I have seen comments about checking the receiver one as well, however, we are using this comm channel for other scenarios and they are working perfectly. Therefore, I don't think that's the solution. If I do check that box, a whole other can of worms appears with testing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

This is the blog i was talking about

Thanx

Aamir

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

The check boxes that were referred by Aamir Suhail are nit in the communication channel. Those are at the receiver agreement level. Please check those and give a try.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ravi

I guess they are in receiver communication channel,atleast i know for me its in receiver CC.I m on XI 3.0 SP 19.

Receiver agreement has Header mapping values.

Thanx

Aamir

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

My bad..:) I was mistaken.

You are right.

That leaves the issue to a wrong value in the Message mapping for the sender partner, in the IR.

Regards,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ravi

No problem at all:)

yeah even i think the issue is in message mapping,coz if mapping is done correctly and parameters set in communication channel then i don't see a reason why it should not post to R/3.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Any clue what else I may be missing?

One thing you are missing is searching SDN before posting your question:) there is a blog for this problem.

Secondly,please check the "Take sender from payload" and"take receiver from payload" in the communication channel and run the scenario again.

I m assuming that you have mapped EDI_DC40 properly in message mapping.

Thanx

Aamir