Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File System -> XI -> R/3 Webservices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello XI SDN'ers

Following is my scenario:

File System -> XI -> R/3 Webservices (BAPI_MATERIAL_ExistenceCheck)

from my file system I am getting a "Material Number" and I have to check in R/3 if that material exist or not using R/3 webservices.

I downloaded WSDL file of the corresponding BAPI.

My questions is:

(1). Is it possible to use this WSDL through SOAP Adapter to call R/3 webservice? or else is there any other better way to implement this functionality?

(2). If I use this WSDL, how I can specify "R/3 Logon Authentication and Client number"?

Thanks & Regards,

Satish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

(1). Is it possible to use this WSDL through SOAP Adapter to call R/3 webservice? or else is there any other better way to implement this functionality?

yes it is very much possible to use a soap adapter to communicate with the webservice in the backend.

I do not know if it is a better way, but we can use a RFC communication channel to communicate with the BAPI directly instead of the webservice.

(2). If I use this WSDL, how I can specify "R/3 Logon Authentication and Client number"?

In your service definition in SICF transaction you can either specify the logon details.

The client number will be a part of the URL itself.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you should use the SOAP adapter.

In the specification of the path we should give the client number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Is it possible to use this WSDL through SOAP Adapter to call R/3 webservice?

Yes SOAP Adapter is the right way.

> If I use this WSDL, how I can specify "R/3 Logon Authentication and Client number"?

You can do this in the connection parameters of the SOAP Adapter.

Client is a part of the url:

http://<host>:<abap-port>/sap/bc/soap/rfc/sap/BAPI_MATERIAL_ExistenceCheck?sap-client=<client>;

Regards

Patrick