Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative to RFC connections - eCATT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I had created script1 with user1 and script2 with user2. I wanted to run both the scripts continuously using script1 with user1 and script2 with user2.

The above case i am doing with RFC connections. I had created 2 RFC connections and i had mentioned RFC connections in the ScIPTs. I am able to run sucessfully.

My customers don't want work in the above way beacuse so many connections will be there in SM04 transcation code. This will use lot of bandwidth and space.

Is there any alternative to achive the above scenario. Can any one please help me on this .

Regards,

Mahendra

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Can any one please reply to this thread.

Regards,

Mahi

0 Kudos

since you asked, here is a reply:

Perhaps you should post this in an appropriate forum. I have no idea how your question relates to ABAP objects. I read this forum because I know about and am interested in ABAP objects. Your question speaks a different language.

Cheers,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moved to security forum...

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I had created script1 with user1 and script2 with user2. I wanted to run both the scripts continuously using script1 with user1 and script2 with user2.

>

> The above case i am doing with RFC connections. I had created 2 RFC connections and i had mentioned RFC connections in the ScIPTs. I am able to run sucessfully.

>

> My customers don't want work in the above way beacuse so many connections will be there in SM04 transcation code. This will use lot of bandwidth and space.

I do not see the problem here, you need two uers in the target system to run your scripts (as you say in your first sentence) so whether they log on via RFC or any other way shouldn't matter as far as I can see.

Maybe if you briefly explain wat both scripts are doing we can help you find a solution to that problem in a way that satisfies your customer.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Is there an alternative to RFC connections. I want to run 2 scripts with 2 different users continuosly with out creating RFC destinations. Is this possible?

0 Kudos

If you create just one rfc destination and tick the box "current user" in the "logon & security" tab you can use the same rfc destination for multiple users.

Maybe that's what you're looking for?

0 Kudos

you are not getting my question. I want to run first script with user1 and second script with another user2. I wanted to these 2 scripts continuously with out creating different RFC destinations. Hope this is clear.

0 Kudos

I'm afraid you're not getting my answer Just create one rfc destination and use it with both users.

0 Kudos

Hi loggged in with user1 into sap system and created script 'A'. I logged into with user2 and created script B.

If i run script 'A' with user1 only then my expected actions will carried out. If i run script 'B' with user2 only then my expected actions will carried out.

Once again i logged in with user1 and merged these to Scripts into one script 'C' using 'REF' command.

If i run the Script 'C' with out mentioning which RFC destination to run which script then script will fail.

For these i need to create 2 RFC destinations and mention the 2 logon user information and after that in Script 'C', i need to mention the RFC destinations to each script. don't want to do all these. I am asking With out RFC destination is there any way to achive this. Don't get confuse.

0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Can you please help me on this issue.

Regards,

Mahendra

0 Kudos

Please [read the rules|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement], especially the part called: "- Why is Nobody Answering my Question?"

Obviously, if we can help you, we will. For some reason we couldn't.....