cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in clicking the button - eCATT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I had created one script using eCATT. In that script, one button need to click in one screen. The click was happening fine and script was running fine in one machine but the same script was not running in another machine. I feel the problem is cliking of the button has not happening properly. how to resolve the issue. may be the machine is too fast.

Can you please any one guide me on this.

Regards,

Mahendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Vny12
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi mahi,

If you have a doubt like, without re-recording the script in all releases but still you want your ecatts to run, this is not possible.

we need versioning for every screen change at release or SP level.

regards

vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then that is bad , it is not flexible to rerecord each and every script once again in different SAPGUI client version.

Some scripts are running fine in lower version, but when i tried to run in higher version some scripts are not running.

Here i am talking about SAPGUI client vesrion(SAPGUI 710, SAPGUI 620) not SAP version(ECC5.0, SAP4.6,........)

Regards,

Mahendra

Vny12
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi mahendra,

As you have already mentioned that version problem exists,

we need to record the two system higher and lower release and make versions, so that script works fine in all the releases.

regards

vinay

p.s@

Version Management for Test Scripts

On the eCATT initial screen or the test script editor, choose Utilities Version ® Management or .

On the Version Management screen, you can specify the same versioning data for a test script as you would on the Attributes tab of the test script. However, we recommend that you use the version management screen because you can see the data for all versions simultaneously.

On the Versioning Data tab, you specify the data that is used to determine which version of the test script should be selected for execution.

This data is used by eCATT to determine which version is to be executed when the test script is referenced by a test configuration or a REF command. eCATT inspects the target system at replay time and stores the software component, release, and patch level of the target system in the log. It then compares the target system data with all the versioning data of the test script and selects the version that matches.

· Software Components. For example, SAP_BASIS. You can list several software components. If you use the F4 help, you can select the actual software components from the maintenance system.

· Releases and Support Pack Level. You can specify the releases (for example, 620) and patch levels for which the test script is valid. If you use the F4 help, you can select the actual values from the maintenance system.

¡ You need not specify the patch level.

¡ If you specify a particular combination of software component, release, and patch in one version, that combination cannot be specified in another version. Backup versions are the exception to this rule.

¡ In one version only, you can enter an asterisk (*) in the Release field. This version will be used if no other version has release data that matches that of the target system.

· If you enter R(for required) in the Relevance field of a row, then the validity of the version is always determined by the entries in the row. Alternatively, you can enter O(for optional). This is useful for specifying several combinations, only one of which need exist in the target system for the version to be valid.

On the Version-Dependent Attributes tab, you can edit the following attributes:

· Title

· Backup u2013 select this to exclude the version from the version search.

· Status u2013 select to allow the test script to be executed as part of an automated test.

· System Data Container u2013 for the maintenance system.

· Test System u2013 the maintenance system.

Simulation

You can choose to simulate the version selection process. This enables you test that the versioning data is correct by seeing which version is selected for the specified target system.

The simulation examines the target system. It then compares the information from the target system with that of the versioning data of the test script. First the backup versions are eliminated from the search and then software components are compared. Next the release information is compared. Specific entries (for example, 620) take precedence over asterisks (*) which in turn take precedence over empty fields. Finally, the patch level is assessed. Again, specific entries take precedence over asterisks which in turn take precedence over empty fields.

Creating a New Version

You can create a new version based on the selected version. The new version is identical to the old but with the backup flag set. You can then modify the version information.

Deleting a Version

When you try to delete a version, eCATT checks to see if the test script is used by another object (for example, a test configuration). You will only be able to delete a version if the test script is not being used, or if the backup flag of the version is set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am talking about SAPGUI client version and SAP version.

I am totally confused with your such a big mail. Can you please explain briefly.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understood that this is a version problem. one machine using SAPGUI 710 with patch level 0 and other machine is using Patch level 9. Scripts developed in patch level 0 is not working in patch level 9. The scripts are working fine in lower versions 620 and 640.

Id's of the buttons are changing from version to version. so some script are failing in the latest versions.

Can you please let me know what to do to work the scripts in all the SAPGUI versions.

Regards,

Mahendra