cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Interactive Form - Layout type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I am working on an Adobe Interactive Form.

Regarding the Layout Type in the Properties Tab, what option should i choose:

Unknown Layout Type / xACF Layout / ZCI layout / Standard Layout.

I have used print forms in the past and chose Standard Layout. Please let me know what is the right choice for an interactive form.

I am trying to populate Drop Down box with values. I have chosen "Enumerated Drop-down List" from Web Dynpro Native Library.

I have done the binding under Binding tab -> Specify Item Values -> Dynamic Properties -> Binding.

Still the values are not getting displayed in the PDF preview.

Is the layout type the reason for this or do i need to work with ABAP Dynpro to rectify this error.

Points will be rewarded for helpful answers.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are using DDs from WDP Native library, you need to set the Layout Type as ZCI layout. ZCI stands for Zero Client Install and requires no installation of ACF on the client machine and make the forms platform independent.

It is recommended to use the ZCI forms.

Hpe this helps!!

Regards,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arafat,

Just wanted to double check with you, is it correct to use the "Enumerated Drop-down list" from the Web Dynpro Native library. I need to have drop down box dynamically pre-populated with values from database tables. What is the difference between the DDs from native library vs the DDs from activex library.

Points will be rewarded for helpful answers.

Thanks and Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The basic difference is:

1) ActiveX Dropdowns requires ACF to be installed on each client machine to get back the data from interactive form back to context.

2) While, the use of Native dropdowns makes a form to ZCI type, so that does not require any xACF component to be installed on each and every machine that uses the Interactive forms.

So, it is recommended to use Native dropdowns in your forms,

Also, for the population of dropdowns of type native you can go through SAP note: 1013227.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Amita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its recommended to use UI Elements from Native library for all new develoopments as this will make the form Platform Independent and can run on any OS (like Linux or Windows) whereas if you use ActiveX components, you would be required to install the ACF component on all the client machines. And ACF can be installed on Windows OS which is a limitation.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Arafat