cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy characteristic of classification into characteristic of configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, gurus.

Could you please help me to solve the following problem.

I have a characteristic (CHAR_01), which is used in 2 classes at the same time: 001 (CLASS_01) and 300 (CLASS_02). I have assigned a value to CHAR_01 in CLASS_01 in Material Master. I do not want to assign the same value to CHAR_01 in CLASS_02 in Material Master.

Is it possible to assign the value of CHAR_01 in CLASS_01 to the same CHAR_01 in CLASS_02 automatically while creating the sales order, using dependences or elsewise?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are trying something like variant matching/type matching etc.. then you can actually give different values for different materials (irrespective of the class. Even for the same class, there can be 2type matches for different values of the characteristics)

If you are not using type matching, then the default values cannot be different based on the class or material. It is not possible to create dependencies based on the elements like Class, material name etc as they themselves are part of the configurable entities.

If you want to do that, you have to set your interface design to mention that the characteristic under question is accessed in two different sequences for both classes, and then create dependencies to populate the default value based on the value of some other characteristic.

Hope this helps you

Hope this information helps you

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are trying something like variant matching/type matching etc.. then you can actually give different values for different materials (irrespective of the class. Even for the same class, there can be 2type matches for different values of the characteristics)

No, I do not want such 2type matches. I am talking about the same material. It has one and the same characteristic in two classes: 001 and 300. And if I enter this characteristic in 001 class, it is not inherited into 300 class automatically, but I want this characteristic to be inherited.

If you want to do that, you have to set your interface design to mention that the characteristic under question is accessed in two different sequences for both classes, and then create dependencies to populate the default value based on the value of some other characteristic.

Could you please, write a little bit more about how to do that?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about the same material in both cases ?

The 001 class values are assigned to the spcific material. If you create a sales order for this - it inherently has this value.

If you are talking about another material entered in the sales order, then you can "default" that value, and if set up properly it will do the material variant replacement with the original one, but I have a feeling you are missing something about how the whole process should work

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am talking about the same material. It has one and the same characteristic in two classes: 001 and 300. And if I enter this characteristic in 001 class, it is not inherited into 300 class automatically.