cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDK Preferences - MI home folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I have been looking at the SAP Net Weaver 4 Sneek Preview and trying to follow it's examples as I am new to all this SAP stuff !

I get to the point of creating a new MI project and it pops up the preferences for the MDK saying I need at least one runtime.

Fair enough I want to use the AWT one but for the life of me I cannot find the correct folder/file to point at.

Can anyone please help me be either pointing me at what I need to download or what to point it at.

Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

The Home folders are the installation folders of your MI client. NetWeaver Developer Studio needs to know where your client is installed to access relative information and to deploy to the MI Client. For example I am using the JSP/Tomcat Runtime and point to C:\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure because when i installed the MI Client it installed it in a folder called "SAP Mobile Infrastructure".

So you need to get a copy of the MI client, and only way you can do that is by ordering the NetWeaver DVD or accessing the files on service ("www.service.sap.com/swdc") Once you install it point to its installation folder.

I recommmend you use the JSP/Tomcat client as its more widely supported.

Finally, If you want any more immediate help on developing application for Mobile Infrastructure access the Help section on your NetWeaver Developer Studio installation under Help Topics/SAP Mobile Development Kit

Hope this helps,

Wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks that's just what I needed to know. I had assumed the MI was part of the 5GB download for the sneek preview.

I had looked in the help but it made no reference as to where to get the MI client from.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jason,

you can get the MI Client from Service Market Place.

Look for the search term <b>MI 2.5 SP 13 Patch Level 00 - Full Installation</b>

This will give you a 350MB ZIPfile to download. This has both the components (AWT and JSP).

After you extract, Run the setup from the "EXEFILES --> Comp" directory.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Arun.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

In Preferences for MDK it will ask for the following parameters...

1. MI Installation Folder.

Give value as Drive:\....\SAP Mobile Infrastructure

For Eg.

c:\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure

This may be either AWT or JSP.

2. Java SDK tools.jar file.

Give value as Drive:\...\lib\tools.jar.

For Eg.

c:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\lib\tools.jar.

3. MI Server Name.

Host name of the server.

4. MI WebApp Root.

me(default)

5. MI webapp TCP port.

4444.(default)

6. Command line to launch browser.

cmd /C start iexplore

7. MI login username.

username who has admistrator access to the MI server.

8. MI login password.

Corresponding Password.

Hope it helps.

Reward Points for useful answers.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

<i>> This may be either AWT or JSP.</i>

There are seperate fields for AWT installation and JSP installation folder

<i>> 3. MI Server Name.</i>

Leave it as localhost. Your TOMCAT is in the local host and you have to point it to the local host only. This comes under the Server Settings to Connect to MI CLIENT which is in the local host.

<i>>7. MI login username.

> username who has admistrator access to the MI

> o the MI server.</i>

Never give the Administrator User access. Give your Developer user with the corresponding roles.

These settings are just to deploy applications when you develop them locally using MDK Plugin in NWDS and test them.

On giving Test settings in the Preferences window, you get the following

• Tools.jar found.

• Connection to MI Successful.

• Invoking Browser Successful.

Regards,

Ak.