cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local DC problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

For my past project we've developed 4 webdynpro development components which work together. These DC's worked perfect on that project.

Now I need to reuse these development components.

So I created 4 local DC's and then copied the folder structure (_comp) from above mentioned DC's to the local DC's in order to be able to modify the DC's to migrate them to NWDI afterwards.

But when I want to build the DC I get following errors:

Error	com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDApplicationStateChangeInfo cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the argument stateChangeInfo of the method wdDoApplicationStateChange	BuPa.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb.comp.bupa~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/bupa	line 186
Error	com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDApplicationStateChangeReturn cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the argument stateChangeReturn of the method wdDoApplicationStateChange	BuPa.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb.comp.bupa~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/bupa	line 186
Error	Component BuPa: Has invalid component usage 'interactionsDef'	BuPa.wdcomponent	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb.comp.bupa~bdx.com/src/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/bupa	
Error	Component BuPa [interactionsDef]: Component usage has no used component	BuPa.wdcomponent	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb.comp.bupa~bdx.com/src/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/bupa	
Error	Component BuPa [interactionsDef]: Component usage has no used component	BuPa.wdcomponent	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb.comp.bupa~bdx.com/src/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/bupa	
Error	com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDApplicationStateChangeInfo cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the argument stateChangeInfo of the method wdDoApplicationStateChange	Home.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/home	line 183
Error	com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDApplicationStateChangeReturn cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the argument stateChangeReturn of the method wdDoApplicationStateChange	Home.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/home	line 183
Error	com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDApplicationStateChangeInfo cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the argument stateChangeInfo of the method wdDoApplicationStateChange	Interactions.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb.comp.interactions~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/crm/bb/comp/interactions	line 183
Error	com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDApplicationStateChangeReturn cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the argument stateChangeReturn of the method wdDoApplicationStateChange	Interactions.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb.comp.interactions~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/crm/bb/comp/interactions	line 183
Error	Web Dynpro Generation: Metadata constraint of Component Interactions is violated: ViewElementAggregation "//WebDynpro/View:com.bdx.sap.crm.bb.comp.interactions.view.MyTasks/RootUIElementContainer/Child:Table/OutgoingAggregation:GroupedColumns", Role "Definition": A minimum of 1 object(s) is required	Interactions.wdcomponent	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb.comp.interactions~bdx.com/src/packages/com/bdx/sap/crm/bb/comp/interactions	
Error	com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDApplicationStateChangeInfo cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the argument stateChangeInfo of the method wdDoApplicationStateChange	InternalBuPa.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb.comp.bupa~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/bupa/wdp	line 144
Error	com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDApplicationStateChangeReturn cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the argument stateChangeReturn of the method wdDoApplicationStateChange	InternalBuPa.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb.comp.bupa~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/bupa/wdp	line 144
Error	com.bdx.sap.crm.bb.comp.interactions cannot be resolved (or is not a valid return type) for the method wdGetInteractionsDefInterface	InternalConDetails.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb.comp.bupa~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/bupa/wdp	line 415
Error	com.bdx.sap.crm.bb.comp.interactions cannot be resolved	InternalConDetails.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb.comp.bupa~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/bupa/wdp	line 417
Error	com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDApplicationStateChangeInfo cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the argument stateChangeInfo of the method wdDoApplicationStateChange	InternalHome.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/home/wdp	line 144
Error	com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDApplicationStateChangeReturn cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the argument stateChangeReturn of the method wdDoApplicationStateChange	InternalHome.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/home/wdp	line 144
Error	com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDApplicationStateChangeInfo cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the argument stateChangeInfo of the method wdDoApplicationStateChange	InternalInteractions.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb.comp.interactions~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/crm/bb/comp/interactions/wdp	line 144
Error	com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDApplicationStateChangeReturn cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the argument stateChangeReturn of the method wdDoApplicationStateChange	InternalInteractions.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb.comp.interactions~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/crm/bb/comp/interactions/wdp	line 144
Error	com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDApplicationStateChangeInfo cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the argument stateChangeInfo of the method wdDoApplicationStateChange	InternalMain.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/main/wdp	line 154
Error	com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDApplicationStateChangeReturn cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the argument stateChangeReturn of the method wdDoApplicationStateChange	InternalMain.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/main/wdp	line 154
Error	com.bdx.sap.crm.bb.comp.interactions cannot be resolved (or is not a valid return type) for the method wdGetInteractionsDefaultInterface	InternalMain.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/main/wdp	line 242
Error	com.bdx.sap.crm.bb.comp.interactions cannot be resolved	InternalMain.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/main/wdp	line 244
Error	com.bdx.sap.crm.bb.comp.interactions cannot be resolved (or is not a valid return type) for the method wdGetInteractionsDefaultInterface	InternalMainView.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/main/view/wdp	line 172
Error	com.bdx.sap.crm.bb.comp.interactions cannot be resolved	InternalMainView.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/main/view/wdp	line 174
Error	com.bdx.sap.crm.bb.comp.interactions cannot be resolved (or is not a valid return type) for the method wdGetInteractionsDefInterface	IPrivateConDetails.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb.comp.bupa~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/bupa/wdp	line 2314
Error	com.bdx.sap.crm.bb.comp.interactions cannot be resolved (or is not a valid return type) for the method wdGetInteractionsDefaultInterface	IPrivateMain.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/main/wdp	line 63
Error	com.bdx.sap.crm.bb.comp.interactions cannot be resolved (or is not a valid return type) for the method wdGetInteractionsDefaultInterface	IPrivateMainView.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/main/view/wdp	line 141
Error	com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDApplicationStateChangeInfo cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the argument stateChangeInfo of the method wdDoApplicationStateChange	Main.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/main	line 189
Error	com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDApplicationStateChangeReturn cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the argument stateChangeReturn of the method wdDoApplicationStateChange	Main.java	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb~bdx.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/main	line 189
Error	Component Main: Has invalid component usage 'InteractionsDefault'	Main.wdcomponent	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb~bdx.com/src/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/main	
Error	Component Main [BuPaDefault]: Component usage has no used component	Main.wdcomponent	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb~bdx.com/src/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/main	
Error	Component Main [InteractionsDefault]: Component usage has no used component	Main.wdcomponent	LocalDevelopment~sap.crm.bb~bdx.com/src/packages/com/bdx/sap/bb/comp/main

How is this possible? As I said, on the former project there were no problems with these DC's at all...

If you've encountered these problems, please tell me why they happen & what you did to solve them

Also, when I take a look in the webdynpro explorer, I see that for one of the created DC's, the used webdynpro components are invalid?

I mean, the component of that DC is added to the public part but it can't be used in the other DC's under 'used webdynpro projects'

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Allan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a last shot, Could be because you're using an older (different) version (compared to your original DCs) of IDE with old/missing libraries?

IWDApplicationStateChangeInfo (from your errors), belongs to NW04s. Are you using a NW04 version of IDE by any chance?

Cheers,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rajit,

That could very well be!

How do I check which version I'm using? (NW04 or NW04s)

Kind regards,

Allan

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Allan,

I faced the similar issue like Initially I developed the webdynpro application using SAP Netweaver developer studio (NW04) and after sometime I upgraded to SAP Netweaver developer studio (NW04s) I got the same error message "IWDApplicationStateChangeInfo cannot be resolved".

Now I am using the old SAP Netweaver developer studio (NW04) for code changes not the upgraded one.

You can check the NWDS version by navigating the menu -> help -> About SAP Netweaver developer studio.

Regards, Suresh KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

This solved it!

The problem was that I was using a NW04 NWDS which was older then the NW04S NWDS we used at that project.

So I installed a second NWDS (NW04S 7.14) on my pc.

Then I copied the project folders into the .dtc-folder so they would be under LocalDevelopments in my Developments Configurations perspective.

Then I selected all projects and rightclicked to create a project.

Afterwards I built these 4 DC's in the webdynpro perspective without errors.

Thanks very much

Allan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allan,

For copy a local DC to a track: [|]

Be carefully on step 6, this step copy public parts of a DC. For J2EE applications the reference to jar file should be changed.

If youu2019re using local developments there is a little trick:

1. Close NWDS.

2. Copy your DC in your local DC folder (.dtcLocalDevelopmentDCs<vendor name><your local DC>

3. Edit file (.dtcLocalDevelopment.syncdb)

4. Add a new entry like

<entry>
		<key>MyComponents:<dc name>:<vendor name></key>
		<data>
			<state>UNKNOWN</state>
			<mode>LOCAL_ONLY</mode>
		</data>
	</entry>

5. Open NWDS and choose fileimportDevelopment component. In your local track should appear the new DC

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allan,

It seems to be like a classpath issue. Every DC/project has a .classpath file which lists all the jars. I think, when you made a copy of the DCs to local, you copied the .classpath as well and the location of jar files (from the original .classpath) is different to your existing folder structure.

I suggest, modify the classpath of your local DC to point to the right libraries in the folder structure. (C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE..... etc)

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Thanks for your suggestion!

I checked this and the classpath entries are correct.. (D:\SAP\JDT\eclipse\...) So the problems aren't caused by wrong classpath entries..

Kind regards,

Allan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create Project and build all used DC's on which your current dc is dependent. as u put missing DC under used DC, try to build that dc.Probably that dc may not be built

Refer this piece of statements if wdContext is not resolved

This may happen if the metadata of your application are corrupted. In that case, the code generation may crash leaving an incomplete Java source file.

To fix this, try the following. First, check if there are any errors displayed in the "Problems" view that are related to the metamodel like corrupted data bindings, context mappings or events bound to deleted actions etc. Try to fix these using the IDE editors.

After that, open the "Navigator" and delete all generated sources inside folder gen_wdp. Return to the Web Dynpro Explorer and make a full rebuild of the project

Mandeep Virk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. See below.

Create Project and build all used DC's on which your current dc is dependent. as u put missing DC under used DC, try to build that dc.Probably that dc may not be built

===> I can't build the DC because when I build the DC it stops and I get the errors shown in my first post..

Refer this piece of statements if wdContext is not resolved

This may happen if the metadata of your application are corrupted. In that case, the code generation may crash leaving an incomplete Java source file.

To fix this, try the following. First, check if there are any errors displayed in the "Problems" view that are related to the metamodel like corrupted data bindings, context mappings or events bound to deleted actions etc. Try to fix these using the IDE editors.

===> Where can I find that problems view of the metadata? And what do you mean with IDE editors?

After that, open the "Navigator" and delete all generated sources inside folder gen_wdp. Return to the Web Dynpro Explorer and make a full rebuild of the project

===> Did this already: doesn't solve the problem..

Edited by: Allan Duinslaeger on Jul 15, 2008 3:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to Used Web Dynpro Components of your DC.

Find which component is invalid /error.

Try to build that DC first.

Also check if the same used DC has an entry in USED DC'S of that which you are trying to build.

Hopefully this will resolve your problem because it is apparently the case of dependencies.

Again first build Used Components then build your current one

Once all this thing is done (No invalid component left )and still u face some problems

Then check the context of view controller if it is containing error.

May be missing mapping errors coz of dependent components not found.

You may refer trace to get errors.

In Navigator tab remove all contents under gen_wdp.

again rebuild + reload project and build.

Mandeep Virk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Thanks for the elaboration!

The DC I'm trying to build has only 1 used DC, which is built correctly. So that shouldn't be the problem..

When I build the DC (interactions) after doing what you suggested, it still stops & shows the error message.

The other 2 DC's use the interactions DC so I can't build them before the interactions DC problems are solved..

By the way, in the other DC's the component usage (used DC: interactions) has indeed disappeared, but I can't add interactions under used web dynpro components (even though it's listed under used DCs).

Probably because the interactions DC has to be built correctly before I can do that.

Any other suggestions?