cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMC Console problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my application server , in process list for me the process igswd.exe(IGS WATCHDOG ) is been stopped . What are the steps to start it . what are the effects will be in application server when the service is stopped .

Kindly help me .

Regards,

Rakesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is your SAP version?

IGSWD.exe , its internet graphics server , is available from 4.7 only.

even its gray in colour server will work its not aproblem.

but for it to become green check in the default or in instance profile , where u can edit IGSwd = yes.

after making changes restart the server it will work.

Samrat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Deepak is talking about the start profile if you have this (start program ) this kind of problem will not come in later stop/satrts.

start propfle gives the sequence in which the applications has to be started...and the path etc to look for configuration etc.So by doing this (seeting this IGS also in start profile) we are making it to start automatically with the SAP system start.

So if you have changed your start profile now then you have to do a stop/start for this progam to start.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the start profile of your system and check the Igswatchdog in MMC.

The path is getting truncated there.

Check and adopt methods to overcome that.

It should have these things:

Start_Program_06 = local $(DIR_INSTANCE)\igs\bin\$(_IGS) -dir=$(DIR_INSTANCE)\igs -mode=all -sysname=<SID> -sysno=<system Number>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had done the value in profile maintance then too the service igswd.exe is not in green . Its still showing the service is been stopped .

Start_Program_06 = local $(DIR_INSTANCE)\igs\bin\$(_IGS) -dir=$(DIR_INSTANCE)\igs -mode=all -sysname=<SID> -sysno=<system Number>

Tis path is been set now.

Regards,

Rakesh.