cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors when importing SAP logon for customisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've tried importing the default SAP logon UI into NWDS, but I get errors immediately after importing and can't figure out where things are going wrong.

I've followed the instructions in the following SAP Help link: [Developing a Custom Logon Screen|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/46/3ce9402f3f8031e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

The errors I get are in the taglib.tld file:

Problems encountered in file "platform:/resource/sap.comtcsecumelogon~ui/WebContent/WEB-INF/taglib.tld"

- PackageNotFoundException: Package with uri 'http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee' not found (platform:/resource/sap.comtcsecumelogon~ui/WebContent/WEB-INF/taglib.tld, 2, 228)

- ClassNotFoundExeption: Class 'taglib' not found (platform:/resource/sap.comtcsecumelogon~ui/WebContent/WEB-INF/taglib.tld, 2, 228)

Has anyone come across these errors before, or perhaps know what I can do to resolve them?

I haven't changed anything since importing the original SAP WAR file.

Thanks

Stuart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

would you post the content of your taglib.tld file. And one more question... what changes did you make on the UI application?

Just from the error message, my guess is that you have made some custom tag, you have declared it into taglib.tld but the custom tag class cannot be find in the WAR. Also check if in the WEB-INF/classes directory you can find the class file.

Greetings,

Georgi

Edited by: Georgi Georgiev on Jul 26, 2008 8:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Georgi

Thanks for your suggestions. I have not made any changes since importing the WAR file that comes with NW CE 7.1 - these errors appeared immediately after importing the WAR file, and I didn't want to make any modifications until I'd resolved the issues first.

I tried adding a build path entry to the classes folder, but that only resolved the build error with the com.sap.engine.applications.security.logon.beans.ResourceBean reference in line 3 (with the jsp:useBean declaration).

I tried copying the classes folder from the war file directly to the WEB-INF folder (I'm making an assumption with this based on your suggestion, but I could be wrong). This unfortunately didn't have any impact on the project either.

Please let me know how to correctly configure the references for the classes folder? I can see the classes that are required within Windows Explorer, but can't get the IDE to reference them correctly. I'm relatively new to this, so it is a little confusing.

Thanks very much!

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW... I'm also getting a problem in all the JSP files:

"Cannot find the tag library descriptor for /SapLogon"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

Would you send me the WAR you were trying to import and describe the steps you have done to import the WAR.

P.S. From the beginning of next week I'm in vacation for 2 weeks so I can help you till Friday.

Best regards,

Georgi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem for the last few days and the solution was very simple

1. Open the web.xml

2. Add a forward slash (/) in front of WEB-INF like shown below

<jsp-config>

<taglib>

<taglib-uri>/SapLogon</taglib-uri>

<taglib-location>/WEB-INF/taglib.tld</taglib-location>

</taglib>

</jsp-config>

3. Voila - it finds the taglib correctly now.

Regards, Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Unfortunately that still didn't work for me. I've since moved away from using Portal, and I'm now developing applications outside of Portal - more appropriate for the type of stuff I'm doing.

Thanks for the help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone had any similar issues with this? It's getting very critical now, and I'm really stuck on this one!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Stuart