cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

original application file Text search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DMS Gurus,

we Have a common requirement of finding the DIR by using the word or sentence present inside the Original application file.

can any one please let me know the complete requirement for this, is this feature inbuilt in standard DMS system using Content Server.

I have did the basic configuration in transaction code SKPR07).

Enter the document class : DMS_PCD1.

Select: Edit / Administration.

A dialog box appears where the following data is preset,

Document Area : DMS

Administration table: DMS1DIDSTA

Class can be indexed: X

Set the indicator: Setup indexing.

and MIME text type is already present for Word, Excel, Pdf, PPT file type in Standard.

the Text search with original window appeared in CV04N but entering any text inside the Original it is unable to find the original.

is there any other setting i have to make please let me know.

Does this necessiates really installation of

1) A new Trex server for this process.

2) can this Trex server be installed inside Content server

points Awaiting .

Thanks in Advance

Kumar K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Expect text search in Original to be a standard funtionality, and should not have required installation of new trex server.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Text search in CV04N is used to search description of DIR if the description is defined as long text.

It will not be helpful in searching the text in original application.

To search text in original application you must install TREX Engine

Install TREX as a stand-alone engine.

For more information refer sap help

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/31/eb0641f753f523e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DMS Gurus and SAPIENS,

Welcome to New Year 2009, Wish you all and your family a Very Happy Prosperous, Peacefull, and sucessfull New Year 2009.

Like we all know any Word document in a PC or System can also be searched by giving the known Words in the file as the search criteria.

why there is any 3rd Party software required to avail this feature, that too in DMS which mainly deals with external Documents.

will be more happy if this can be achived with SAP-DMS standard funtionality or configuration.

if Like the TREX server has to be Integrated with DMS Server as a stand alone server?

will this be Completely Taken care by Basis or Functional involvement is required.

Please Clarify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Text search requires TREX as a stand alone server. The content server and TREX should not be put on the same server.

The function of installing TREX and configuring TREX is a basis function.