cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor Plan Manager Technique in Web Dynpro for ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Road map technique and Floor Plan Manager Technique, both are same or different.

I need to develop a web dynpro application based on Floor Plan Manager Technique. can I develop this application in WebDynpro for ABAP. If so please help me how to use Floor Plan Manager Technique in Web Dynpro for ABAP.

I don't have knowledge in java, so i cann't develop this application in web dypro for java.

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

resolved using floor plan manager technique in web dynpro for java

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Road map technique and Floor Plan Manager Technique, both are same or different.

They are different. The FloorPlan Manager is a tool for constructing WD applications with a similar layout and user interface. There are two different floor plans currently - the OIF - Object Instance Floorplan and the GAF - Guided Activity Floorplan. The OIF is for the editing of a single business object. It allows for things like the nesting of header and item details. The GAF, on the other hand, uses a road map to walk you through an activity - much like a Guided Procedure. The FloorPlan Manager is very powerful because it can be configured using component and application configuration - allowing you to plug in different UI Building Blocks (UIBB) as Web Dynpro Components or Views. You can change the roadmap, for instance, adding a new step by just chaning this configuration and not having to touch the code. Consistency between applications is also a major stregth of the FloorPlan Manager.

The Road Map is just a UI element in WD. It can be used to create your own custom applications.

>can I develop this application in WebDynpro for ABAP

Sure. The Floorplan manager has been available for WDA since SPS13. Have a look at the packages APB_FPM_DEMO and ABP_FPM_TEST for examples of how to build components designed for the FloorPlan Manager.

Admittedly there aren't a whole lot of documents available on the subject yet. Some eLearning is being worked on now. There are going to be some workshops at TechEd on the subject:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Community/BringitallTogetherwithFPM%28FloorplanManager%29forWebDynpro+ABAP

The best thing to do right now is to study the demo applications SAP provides.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can you please guide me for same just for webdynpro JAVA.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There is a separate forum for Web Dynpro Java questions.