cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access workload data without ST03N usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I want to generate a scipt which is automatically gathering monthly some specific information from ST03N. But seems that is not possible just with simple SQL, isn't it?

Which table do I have to search for? I am using 2004s and one told me that it is not table MONI anymore. DBA_TABLES contains a table that is called SAPWLMONI, is that the right one?

Maybe you know a report or an interface on how to read from the workload table? As far as I know it is in RAW format and needs to be uncompressed.

Thank you in advance for all your questions.

Best Regards

Waldemar B.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member255800
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

thank you for this valuable answer. I will follow up on the blog and check if that will fit for my requirements.

But I have one additional question. You say that SWNCMONI is the new table, but why can't I see it in dba_tables? Is it supposed to be include there or not?

Regards

Waldemar B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Waldemar,

> But I have one additional question. You say that SWNCMONI is the new table, but why can't I see it in dba_tables? Is it supposed to be include there or not?

I just had a look at an ECC 6.0 IDES:

> SQL> select table_name from dba_tables where table_name like 'SWNCMONI%';

>

>TABLE_NAME

>----

>SWNCMONIINDEX

>SWNCMONI

No idea why you don't find it.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you can see the data is still in raw format.

SQL> select table_name from dba_tables where table_name = 'SWNCMONI';
TABLE_NAME
------------------------------
SWNCMONI

SQL> desc sapr3.swncmoni
 Name                                      Null?    Type
 ----------------------------------------- -------- ----------------------------
 RELID                                     NOT NULL VARCHAR2(2)
 COMPONENT                                 NOT NULL VARCHAR2(40)
 COMPTYPE                                  NOT NULL VARCHAR2(20)
 ASSIGNDSYS                                NOT NULL VARCHAR2(32)
 PERIODTYPE                                NOT NULL VARCHAR2(1)
 PERIODSTRT                                NOT NULL VARCHAR2(8)
 SRTF2                                     NOT NULL NUMBER(10)
 PROFILVERS                                NOT NULL NUMBER(10)
 CLUSTR                                    NOT NULL NUMBER(5)
 CLUSTD                                             BLOB

As SAP does not release the data structure and algorithms used to store the data, the only ways to access it are, either through an ABAP program or with RFC calls to the function module SAPWL_WORKLOAD_GET_STATISTIC. I wrote a C program once to get the reponse times, using the rfc sdk.

Best regards

Michael

Edited by: mho on Jul 16, 2008 10:13 AM

Sorry, the function module SAPWL_WORKLOAD_GET_STATISTIC is for releases earlier NW7.0 (NW2004s), the new one is SWNC_COLLECTOR_GET_AGGREGATES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks to all of you. I think it is clear now what I have to do and I will close this thread.

BTW: Yes I see the table now too! Probably I have mistyped the name before.

Regards

Waldemar B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Waldemar,

> I want to generate a scipt which is automatically gathering monthly some specific information from ST03N. But seems that is not possible just with simple SQL, isn't it?

Correct.

> Which table do I have to search for? I am using 2004s and one told me that it is not table MONI anymore. DBA_TABLES contains a table that is called SAPWLMONI, is that the right one?

Until release 6x the workload data was stored in table MONI, since 7x table SWNCMONI is used. Table SAPWLMONI mentioned by you is used by an improved workload collector mechanism for releases before 7x.

> Maybe you know a report or an interface on how to read from the workload table?

There exists a blog of an SAP Developer: [How to read ST03N datasets from DB in NW2004|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6102] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; which should contain valuable information.

> As far as I know it is in RAW format and needs to be uncompressed.

Correct. Because of this you need the function modules mentioned in the blog to extract the data.

Regards, Michael