cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update kernel support package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need to update my kernel support package.

Now i m using the support package - 175 and i need to update it to 221 version . wt are the steps to it. Is that i can do it in OS level.

kindly help me .

Regards,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Currently I have UNICODE 144 patch. Do you have any idea which Kernel version to get. I'm using Windows Server 2008 with MSSQL DB 2005 and I cant start instances. I think the problem is that the kernel version needs an upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell me where I can find the NTCLUSTER.SAR file?

My cluster is failing over on its own and the solution is the dll's included on that sar file, please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

finally u managed to perform kernel upgarde ./

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thank all for ur instant replies...

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

don't forget the librfc32.dll in the system32 directory. dont' forget the NTCLUSTER dll files either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

https://service.sap.com/swdc

Downloads

SAP Software Distribution Center

Download

Entry by Application Group

Support Packages and Patches" Additional Components

1. SAP Kernel

o SAP KERNEL 32-BIT

o SAP KERNEL 32-BIT UNICODE

o SAP KERNEL 64-BIT

o SAP KERNEL 64-BIT UNICODE

From this point kernel needs to be identified based on your processor architecture.

For example if i am going with 64 BIT unicode for x86_64 with WIn2k3 & ORc Database the following steps will be there

Entry by Application Group

Support Packages and Patches" Additional Components" SAP Kernel" SAP KERNEL 64-BIT UNICODE" SAP KERNEL 7.00 64-BIT UNICODE

o #Database independent (Part 1)

o MaxDB

o ORACLE (part 2)

Needs to be downnloaded & have a perfect roll back plan Before performing a task

Good luck

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

download the corresponding files (eg. disp+work package and other selected files OR the latest SAPEXEDB.SAR & SAPEXE.SAR) from sapnet (alias PATCHES) and store them in a temporary directory...unpack the files using the latest SAPCAR:

> sapcar -xvf <file>.sar

stop your sap system (stopsap r3) and the corresponding sap services; stop saposcol and (if running) saprouter....make a backup of your entire EXE directory; copy all files from the temporary directory over to \sapmnt\<SID>\exe and overwrite the existing flles...start saprouter, start the sap system...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is that any support package version available in specific 221 version . In sevice market place , where i can find the specific 221 version of support package.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check SAP Note 19466 - Downloading SAP kernel patches ?

regards,

kaushal