Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA: TreeByNestingTableColumn and ALV in webdynpro for ABAP

srinivasa_raghavachar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) I am trying to implement a tree with nested structure and multiple columns. I am using RecursionNode in the context and UI element TreeByNestingTableColumn. I am not able to figure out how to make a distinction between the key and parent key. In TreeByKeyTableColumn, we use key and parent key to differentiate. Is there any link which explains how to implement TreeByNestingTableColumn in Webdynpro for ABAP? (I got a link for webdynpro for java though).

2) Can ALV be used to implement a tree structure instead of using Table with TreeByNestingTableColumn or TreeByKeyTableColumn? Then I would be readily able to use ALV features like sort etc. If it can be used is there any link which explains how to do it in Webdynpro for ABAP?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

I can answer the first point. If you use a recursive node and TreeByNestingTableColumn, there is no need to have a rowKey and parentRowKey, since the recursion with the context already defines the hierarchy. As far as I know someone posted a blog that explains how to use the TreeByNestingTableColumn in Web Dynpro Java. I don't have the link available, but this blog would be good place to start. The implementation in WDA and WDJ is pretty much the same here.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Someone = Valery Silaev

See

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/06/13/master-of-columns-part-i

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/06/20/master-of-columns-part-ii

Armin

srinivasa_raghavachar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas and Armin,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to build the tree by using TreeByNestingTable Column.

Do you have any idea about th possibility of building TREE using ALV?

Regards,

Srini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi can u plz help me with treebynestingtablecolumn in WDA..

Plz tell me how to i fill data in the tree in table alv..

Answers (0)