cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Plan not getting assigned to Inspection Lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I am facing a problem in the system. At the time of goods receipt, inspection lots of type 01 are getting generated but inspection plan is not getting assigned to these lots. Hence the user is not able to record results and make UD. I checked the following :

1. Found that three inspection plans with Usage 3, 5, and 9 are available for this material/plant

2. When checking inspection lots(QA02) found that Usage field is blank

Please let me what should be done so that the plans get assigned to the lots automatically.

Regards,

Manish Saraswat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

All of first the usage of inspection plan (QP01/02 header) and the usage for inspection type (the same flows to relevant inspection lot) should be same, So you do following,

Change the usage of Lot, as the usage you set for the inspection plan,

Check the material assignment to the inspection plan, along with date.

And after performing this activities, if the plan don't get assigned to the lot, Pls paste the details for the error message.

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jul 15, 2008 12:38 PM

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jul 15, 2008 12:38 PM

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jul 15, 2008 12:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

I checked and found that the Usage in inspection lot is blank. There are a lot of materials assigned to this plan and the material which I am looking for is also there in the list.

I can manually assign the plan to the inspection lot in QA02 but this cannot be done everytime. The user wants the plan to get assigned to the lot automatically as it happens for all other lots.

Regards,

Manish Saraswat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Yes, you need to change the usage of inspection lot, that matches with inspection plan has.Through QA02, But it will easier to do with the work list QA32 instead QA02.

And for any new lot generation from now onwards, just change the settings for the inspection setup. Go to inspection setup in QM view of material master, and activate the check box "Automatic Assignment".

You can configure the default values also for the inspection type as Isabelle has described.

I can suggest this only because, as per my information concerns, there is no any mass change available that will assigned the inspection plan to the lots.

Regards,

Shyamal

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you manually assign the plan via QA02 how many plans are displayed that can be picked from?

If more then one plan is listed you cannot have automatic assignment. To do an automatic assignment when more then one plan exists, then you must implement the user exit suggested by Isabelle in an earlier posting.

Or, just get the master data set up so only one plan is found. then it can be automatically assigned via standard SAP.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

As I mentioned in my problem we have 3 quality plans. One for each usage i.e. 3, 5, and 9. Will there be a problem if we have 1 plan for each usage ?

You said just get the master data set up so only one plan is found. then it can be automatically assigned via standard SAP Please let me know how this can be done.

Also can you please tell me how to use the user exit.

Regards,

Manish Saraswat.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You still didn't really answer the question.

"When you manually assign the plan via QA02 how many plans are displayed that can be picked from?"

From what you said, there should only be one plan to pick from. In which case it should assign it automatically if your material master inspection type settings are correct.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Check the material assignment screen once again hope you have not assigned any further masters like material + Vendor to the inspection plan.

Reagrds,

Shyamal

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

if you are using alternative UOMs for the Material master, GR, or Inspection plan could you please ensure that you are using a quantity in the GR that is greater than 1 UOM of the plan. If this is not the case then you can expirience the problem that the plan is not assigned because 0 quantity is not defined for the plan assignment.

In this case I would recommend that you either work with the same UOM in plan and GR, or you assign a sampling scheme to the plan.

I hope that this information helps.

Regards,

Isabelle

0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

could you please check the customizing of the inspection type '01'

Transaction QCC0

-> Quality Management

-> Quality Inspection

-> Inspection Lot Creation

-> Maintain Inspection Types

- Select '01' inspection type

Check the section inspection planning if the task list type is set to i.e. '5'

Maybe this setting is missing.

Regards

Isabelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. As per your advise I checked and found that Task list usage is maintained as 5 in the Inspection Type 01 config.

Regards,

Manish Saraswat.

0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

you could also consider using the exit QPL10001 in QA02 to manually assign a correspondent inspection plan.

Regards,

Isabelle

0 Kudos

Hi Manish

Plz check following,

1. First check the date of Inspection plan whether it is after inspection lot creation?

2. As you have mentioned there are 3 inspection plan are there with usage 3 5 & 9 then for 01 inspection type usage 5 inspection plan will be used

3. if there r more than one inspection plan of same usage (5) then you have to manually assign the plan.

4. in material master Quality view check inspection type details whether "inspect with Task list" tick is there or not

Regards

Ashutosh Shende

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I checked the following :

1. In Material Master, preferred Inspection Type is 01

2. For inspection type 01, Insp. with task list is checked

3. Inspection plan date is before the lot creation date and the inspection plan is valid

Regards,

Manish Saraswat