cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver 7.x not really 100% compatible with SAP GUI 6.40!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

With the NetWeaver 7.x rfc library it is impossible to call the modules "RFC_CREATE_MATERIAL_MASTER", "RFC_CHANGE_MATERIAL_MASTER", "RFC_DISPLAY_MATERIAL_MASTER", "RFC_CREATE_DOCUMENT_MASTER",...

I get only a message, that this functionality is not supported.

Now, I am searching for other solutions.

Can anyone tell me, if it's possible to use "SAP WebGUI" or "SAP GUI for HTML" instead?

Regards, Klaus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Please note that SAP GUI for Windows 6.40 will be out of maintenance on 14th of October 2008 (see SAP note 147519 for more information).

2. For SAP Systems based on SAP Web Application Server 7.10 SAP GUI for Windows 7.10 or higher is required.

Examples:

You can use SAP GUI for Windows 6.20 with all SAP systems up to and including systems based on SAP Web Application Server 7.00 (with the exceptions being BI 7.0 and SCM 5.0 systems).

You can use SAP GUI for Windows 6.40 with all SAP systems up to and including systems based on SAP Web Application Server 7.00.

You can use SAP GUI for Windows 7.10 with all SAP systems up to and including systems based on SAP Web Application Server 7.10.

You cannot use SAP GUI for Windows 6.20 or 6.40 SAP systems based on SAP Web Application Server 7.10.

3. When planning upgrades to SAP software or your IT landscape, you should always consider using the latest available release of SAP GUI for Windows (currently 7.10). SAP GUI for Windows 7.10 has several advantages over earlier releases of SAP GUI for Windows. For more information you can have a look at SAP note 947334 or here.

Regards,

Srini Nookala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I believe we misunderstand each other.

To connect to SAP, we currently use the "classic" SAP GUI RFC LIBRARY (SAP GUI 6,4 - 7,1).

Unfortunately SAP has cancelled the support of the "classic" SAP RFC LIBRARY (i believe 31.3.2011). After this time SAP recommends to use the SAP NetWeaver RFC LIBRARY.

And that is our problem!

The SAP NetWeaver RFC LIBRARY does not supports the call of certain RFC calls, which use SAP dialogs!

This mean, a rfc call as example "RFC_CREATE_MATERIAL_MASTER" does not work any more.

I'm searching for a solution to open these dialogs.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Install latest SAPGUI 7.0 with atleast patch level 5.

Regards,

Srini Nookala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

What SAPGUI 7.0 (SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS, SAP GUI FOR JAVA,...) do you mean?

I found only "SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 6.20", "SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 6.40", "SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 7.10 CORE".

Could you please give me more informations.

Thanks.

Regards, Klaus