cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supply function class :- CL_WDABAP_FLIGHT_MODEL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

This is regarding the sample codes posted below. Can any one please let me know where is CL_WDABAP_FLIGHT_MODEL class coming from. This is not a global class I have checked in SE24. Another question I am using table vbak instead of sflight. SO in my case also do we have a class like the one above.... if yes where do I find that ...........

method GET_BOOKINGS . data: Itab_Bookings type IF_COMPONENTCONTROLLER=>Elements_Bookings, Stru_Bookings like line of Itab_Bookings, Stru_FlightList type if_componentcontroller=>Element_FLIGHT_LIST. parent_element->get_static_attributes( importing static_attributes = Stru_FlightList ). Itab_bookings = CL_WDABAP_FLIGHT_MODEL=>GET_BOOKINGS( CARRID = Stru_FlightList-airlineid CONNID = Stru_FlightList-connectid FLDATE = Stru_FlightList-flightdate ). node->bind_table( Itab_bookings ). endmethod.

Implement supply method GET_BOOKINGS which fills the node BOOKINGS with booking information, according to the selected flight. Use the static GET_BOOKINGS method of the class CL_WDABAP_FLIGHT_MODEL.

Thanks,

Anu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

CL_WDABAP_FLIGHT_MODEL is not present in some systems.

I hope you are learning this from SAP Standard course, which is available only in the training servers.

It is just a business logic to get the flight details, you can create your own function module and call it here.

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should be not possible to use an productive System for the sap tutorials.

But if I want to do it anyway with a temporary package and then it is not forbitten - or?

Why is ther no note for each different sap-system to get the object thorugh a note and I must not create it by myself?

Is there anywhere a tutorial to crate the clas CL_WDABAP_FLIGHT_MODEL?

For me next important ist the method CL_WD_FLIGHT_MODEL=>GET_BOOKINGS.

Thank you for help

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This class was only created to support TechEd workshops. Therefore there is no note for it. It was shipped in the developer edition/sneak preivew NSP ABAP system you can download from SDN, but I don't believe it is in the standard SAP_BASIS software component. All this class really does is hide the SQL statements to read from the SFLIGHT tables. For example here is the code for GET_BOOKINGS:

select * from sbook into table bookings where carrid = carrid and connid
 = connid and fldate = fldate.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all,

Anupma Chandra.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

CL_WDABAP_FLIGHT_MODEL was written by a colleague in Product Management (not by development) to only support the TechEd Web Dynpro ABAP session. It is present in the the SDN Sneak Preview systems because we shipped a lot of the TechEd exercises via that system image.

In general you will NOT find special model classes for the standard business objects. What you will find is BAPIs and/or Enterprise Services that make an excellent foundation for safely interacting with standard business objects.