cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message in result recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am using upper & lower plausibility limit in MIC, while result recording for this MIC a warning message is issued when user enters value which is not in the defined range, now i want to convert this warning message to error message.

The mesasge is

The input value 14 is too large. Check your entry

Application Area: QE

Message number : 405.

Please guide me how to go about it.

Regards,

Amit Shirsath.

Edited by: Amit Shirsath on Jul 15, 2008 6:36 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

Issue is seems to be related with MIC master data.

Check your inputs in the MIC once again .

Change the input limits & try to see the reults.

You will come to know u problem.

Ramesh

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why would you want to change this to a warning only? If the value is to large for the test being performed, it shouldn't be allowed to be enterred.

Unless you have done something strange with your master data, (like setting a spec on the characteristic itself), you should be able to enter an out-of-spec value but you should not be able to enter one that exceeds the capability of the test, i.e. the characteristic.

With a max value of 14 this sounds like a pH test. You shouldn't ever have to enter a value over 14..

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I am facing one problem while doinf the result recording .

At the time of result recording for two of the inspection characteristic I can only input the mean value. so due to which When I am printing my certificate only the mean value is geeting printed.& moreover this result is used to calculate one more insp, charahcteristic. So please tell me what to do so that get the options of inputting more than one entry

regards,

vivek

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to change your control indicator in the MIC's to "individual results" instead of summarized and then create appropriate sampling procedures.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Go to Message maintenance SE91. See message details.

It is not easy to change the warning message to error message.

Discuss with your ABAPer he will do.

Regards,

Babu