cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation Zone at Sales Area Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We're working on an implementation where two companies will share customers on the SAP client. Although they will share customers, transportation management will be held separately by the moment.

They way these companies manage routes is different between them, so we have to set up separate route determination, and for this reason we need to have transportation zone for the ship-tos at the sales area level instead of the general data level.

Our first approach is to use some userexit during the route determination and store the transportation zone on an aditiona field in the customer master at the sales area level where it can be read from the userexit. Maybe we can use userexit EXIT_SAPL0VRF_001.

Does anybody have deal with this scenario in the past? Any idea is welcome.

Thanks a lot!

Edited by: Jose Almiñana on Jul 15, 2008 6:15 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

If you are trying only to determine the different route for the second compani for the same customer,

Then try with this option without any developments

Rout will determine with the combination of

Depature zoneShipping conditionsTransprotation group+Destination zone-->Route.

So You can deffine defferent shipping conditions for the second company

Assign that shipping conditions in the customer master under second company sales area.

Now you can determine the different route based on the different shipping cinditions in 0VRF transaction.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanks for your help.

I understand your proposal for the route determination, and that will work if the the two companies share the values of transportation zones.

Our main problem is that we will need to have different transportation zones for the same customer depending on the company. The reason is that one of the companies has as criteria for origin/destination "City, State" and the other company has as criteria "ZIP Code".

For this reason we think we need to have that information in the customer master at the sales area level.

Taking this into account, does it make sense to you to implement that userexit?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose

When you have two transportation zone for the same customer for different companies, there may be two options in this.

1. You need to change the transportation zone in the order for the customer as per the company code.

2. use of Uesr Exit

With my personal experience it will be very difficult to track each time manual entry or change of transportation zone by user every time as wrong entry may change the route and schedule accordingly. I'll suggest you to use the USER EXIT which will determine transportation zone depending on organisation structure selected in the order.

Hope this help to solve ur query

Regards

Amol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think that you have had your question answered so if you are happy with this can you please award points if you want to but mainly can you please mark your question as answered so that it is easier to navigate around the open questions in the forum as the number of pages are growing and growing and it takes too long to go through everything expecially if a satisfactory answer has already been given and people like me who want to help will give up and so some people may not get any help.

Thanks for this

Frenchy.