Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Pricing scenario:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Here is the pricing scenario:

I am having one senario in pricing..When customer orders material A at quanity 10 then Material B should get 25% discount

Please give solution with steps

Kindly help me with this scenario.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Rules,

From what I heard, this kind of a scenario is not possible in R/3. For this may be ABAPers can find some alternative or an user exit may be useful, but still for all these a lot of permissions from SAP are required. The best place to achieve is IS Retail.

Regards.

Venkat

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

for this scenario why dnt we detrmine the material A with substitute meterial B from VB11 AND maintain condition tech of discount for B based on order.

plz.. let me know how better this sol will fit to the scenario.

thanks regards

rayal........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What's the link between Materials A and B ?

Is the discount only for material B or for all items or for following materials ?

Regards,

Lionel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a promotional period basically for us. So we are giving awaymaterial B for a Short time. But The CSR knows That when A is coming in the sales order Bshould be also there at 25% Discount.

Link between Aand B---nothing specific but as i told u when A hits sales order B is also ordered by customer.

Regards,

srinivasan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok !

If Material B is also ordered by customer, you can manage this option with 2 options :

- Manually : material B is added manually in SO for a short time

- Automatically : in this case, you can use the function of cross-selling

See this link : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/90/758534c960a134e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

In the first case, use condition type with validity period only for material B (it's simple but sometimes is the best solution !).

If you have a link between A and B, the solution of cross-selling is interesting because you create "a BOM" in SO. Then, these 2 items are linked. Then, with a new table selection in a new condition type, you can add for material B if material A exists (maybe, user exit is necessary).

Regards,

Lionel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenaio for client is very similar to Free goods where when A is entered B is getting 100% discount condition type used R100 in that case

But here when A is coming B should get 25% discount automatically

There is no manual entry of B for the promotional period as clients business is like that

Hope i was clear in putting this to you

Thankx for your replies

and Kindly advice

Regards,

saprules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then (just an idea), I think the best solution is to use a (sales) BOM in SO.

You can create the BOM for material A ans in sub item material B. In custo, in this case, you have :

"order type" + ... + TAN --> TAN.

To apply auto a condition type for B, you can create new table condition with field VBAP-UPMAT or an other field in reference to header item (VBAP-UKONM, VBAP-SPOSN). This field is necessary to search the good discount. Another solution is to create requirement for this condition type in price procedure.

Then, if you enter material A, SAP proposes material B (BOM) and a condition type.

I hope that's clear.

Regards,

Lionel

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to avoid coding altogather. You can create a new material which is a set of 10 Material A and one Material B and set the price accordingly. This material can then be used alomg with material A & B to achieve desired results.

e.g. Price of material A is 10 and Price of Material B is 5

you can create a new material S which includes 10 untis of A and one unit of B and priced at (1010 + (5 - 0.255)) = 104

now, if customer wants 12 units of A and 1 unit of B

user can add 1 unit of material S and 2 units of A in sales order / Quotation.

The flip side of this is

1. users need to be trained on how to use this

2. any changes in pricing of A & B will require change in pricing of S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Possible solution ...

1) If you have a list of such materials then as rightly pointed above ;you have to maintain a Z table

2) Add a discount condition type for this in the pricing procedure and maintain the condition record as well

3) Write a requirement routine which will activate the discount only when the required conditions are met for which you can use the Z -table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

please follow below steps.

1. material determination should be happened, so Instead of material A - material B pick up through a pop up screen.

2. maintain the conditon record for 25% based on the masterial B.

thanks

Kuntla

Former Member
0 Kudos

this can be done only with an abapers help. you need to create a programs which executes in the following way

first the presence of material A & B at item level

then check whether item A= or >10, if yes

then 25% from item B

anand

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend...

THis is really an intresting scenario.I have done some investigations on the possiblity of such inclusion in SAP.But unfortunately, Standard SAP does not provide that.

But still, Its possible. You should have an ZTable which consist of the material A, Material B and the discount %.

But still the confusion may arise that system may not be able to judge weather the material B is present or not by the time you enter material A. (Hope you could follow my point here i.e Its not possible for the system to give discount to a material which you have not entered in the sales order so far...)

Kindly discuss with your ABAPer and explore the possibilities of running the routine at the time of saving your Sales order. (so by the time you should have finished entering all the material.. Including material B) So that , the program can find the presence of material B and the discount percentage. Also discuss with you other team members as this program may have some impact on system performance.

Hope my clarifications are as clear as mud to you...

Reward if useful.

Cheers,

Safeer Rahman

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no Solution in Standard for the Same. You may have to go for Abap Development. The Logic for Material Combination & Discount may have to be maintained in 'Z' Table.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka