Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML repository schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all

I downloaded the repository schema to desktop

Edited it, meaning added couple of fields to a flat table and deleted some other tables

When I upload the schema back into repository I don't see the field names

To start with

the repository schema doesnt have the tag field name

I added it manually but the repository doesn't parse it/look for it it seems

So my question is did any one of you had a similar issue ( I use XML SPY BTW)

And how do you by pass this , like how do you set the field names somewhere else and get it into the repository design ??

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

For now I get all the fields in to repository and then go in and put a name to each of the fields really painstaking!!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhir, Would you mind clarifying this statement?

"When I upload the schema back into repository I don't see the field names"

- When you Imported your modified XML file via Console - Import Repository Schema, did it not even show you the differences to be applied to the Repository?

- Did it show you the differences, but just not apply them?

...that would be strange.

I've used exactly your approach in the recent past (on SP6), to avoid the very clerical process of adding/changing fields one at a time, via the Console.

Works like a charm - the Import prompts for the changes (or complains, if the syntax was worng). I then look away from the Console for a couple of hours while it creates new tables, fields. Haven't tried messing with Validation expressions yet though - that looks dangerous

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Field name or the Table name should be in a tag ML, in your XML.

Line: -

for example

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Repository description="Prototype">

<Language name="English [US]" language="eng" country="US" inheritance="English [US]" />

<Table type="MainTable" code="Products" description="" keyMapping="No" primaryDisplay="SKU" displayFields="SKU" uniqueFields="">

<ML name="Products" lang="English [US]" />

<Field type="FixedWidthTextField" code="SKU" description="Legacy Stock Number" required="No" writeableOnce="No" matrix="Normal" multilingual="Yes" keyword="Normal" sortIndex="Normal" width="50.0" mlDecimalPlaces="0.0">

<ML lang="English [US]" name="SKU" />

</Field>

</Table>

</Repository>

This is the format of the XML... if you use this the field name or the table name will be uploaded into the repository, not required to add it manually.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks venkat, I was looking in the wrong place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I like you reply "Works like a charm "

perfect now that you guys helped me figure it out.....should be the same with me too!

Answers (0)