cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Risk Involved in transfering data from one server to other?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have ongoing SRM server running. We are going to implement new SRM system in new server. Now we wantSRM functionality to new SRM Server.

What are the risks involved in this migration to new SRM server.

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested by Vani...

If you're only moving the system to a new hardware under the same OS... then a Homogeneous System Copy will do, but if you're moving into a new SRM release then beside that you need to do a System Upgrade.

Regards

Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Is it the new system is having latest version of SRM or you are going to install new SRM syetm for the hardware sake.

That is called Hardware migration .

If in the same system yopu are going for higher version og SRM that is upgrade.

So in your case I understand this as Hardware ..i.e your going on to the new hardware.

We have done something similar in ourcase we have used Migrate VG/Replace VG /Export VG etc. We were on AIX and went to new storage devices and changed servers...so we had to use this.And also we can use build the system and then restore the backup and bring them to sync by applying logs and you can down old one and bring up the new one.

If this is not related kindly ignore.

I think if you give more details about the process how and what you are going to do...then it will be useful to provide solution or suggestion.

Thanks.