cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem during Content Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi People,

I have a content conversion scenario, where my input is a flat file. There are certain values which are blank in my fields. However, in my resultant XML, I need to view these blank spaces enclosed within the respective XML tags.

But, I do not get these blank spaces, and I just get an empty close tag like this

<Batch_no />

instead of <Batch_no> </Batch_no>

What do I do to get these spaces in my XML?

regards,

Prashanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prash,

If the blanks are already in your flat file, you can use the conversion parameter <b><RecordSetName>.fieldContentFormatting</b> and set it to "<b>nothing</b>". Note that the blanks won't be shown in sxmb_moni (they are removed by the displaying tool), but nevertheless they are there!

For details please check note 821267.

Best regards

Joachim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

The problem is ...the fixed length spaces, are my value for that field, and there are spaces of varying sizes throughout the input.Hence, I cannot map this to any specified default values.

cheers,

Prash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

You have to actively insert the space in a mapping. There is a new function available for this purpose: mapWithDefault. If the field is populated by the file adapter, the field will be taken over, if not you can define a default value (in your case an empty string).

Best regards

Joachim

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mithlesh,

I hope you get my problem..

its actually <batch_no> (space) </batch_no>

regards,

Prash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithlesh,

My problem is that i need BLANK SPACES between the tags.

eg. <Batch_no> </Batch_no>

and not just the open/close tags.

regards,

Prash

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Prashanth

Both the tags have the same meaning. If the enclosing tags have no values or blank it is generally represneted like that only.

it uses <Batch_no /> tag instead of <Batch_no> </Batch_no>. But both solves the same purpose..

Regards

Mithlesh kumar Jha