cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the "Quality of Service" in IDOC communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an IDOC->XI->IDOC scenario running. In monitoring i can see the QoS (quality of service) is set to "EO" (exactly once). I would like to change that to "EOIO" (exactly once in order). How can i do that??

Thanks and reagards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

this is not possible unless your IDOCs are sent and received from a WebAS 6.40 based system.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your answer,

but how can i achieve that "EOIO"? What happens if an error occurs? For example one queue is blocked and i need to restart IDOCs. Do i have to restart IDOCs manually in the correct order?

Thanks and regards

Christian

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you talking about the IDOC inbound queue in the receiving 6.40 system? Sure, when an error occurs, you have to fix it and then restart again.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

No , i mean if i got an error in the XI-System and i have to restart idocs from there again...

In that case i have to restart manually and take care of the order of the idocs - is that correct?

Thanks

Christian

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can assign all IDOCs to the same queue, when you maintain the table IDXQUEUE. In that case the IDOCs cannot pass within the XI (but they can pass in the sender or receiver system).

Does this help?

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan,

now I am confused... sorry - thanks for your patience!

An Example two idocs: A and B (same type),

A is earlier in the XI than B.

A is processed within XI via queue 1

B is processed within XI via queue 2

Questions:

Is A passed to the receiver system before B? I think not allways, because it depends on the fill status of the queues - correct?

same scenario:

B is processed within XI via queue 1

If all idocs (A/B) of the same type are in the same queue the order of sending idocs to the receiver is allways correct. OK?

general question:

Is XI putting idocs of the same type allways in the same queue. When XI switches queues??

If i use your hint to populate table IDXQUEUE in the XI-System, you say "in that case the IDOCs cannot pass within the XI". What does it mean? I can't use my business scenarios at all?

I need this scenarios for routing to different systems.

I know there is an execption table maintanble for IDOCS that will not be processed within XI via IDOC-Adapter...

Thanks and regards

Christan

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An Example two idocs: A and B (same type),

A is earlier in the XI than B.

B is processed within XI via queue 2

Questions:

Is A passed to the receiver system before B? I think

not allways, because it depends on the fill status of

the queues - correct?

It is not guaranteed, that A comes before B. A may stuck in the queue and B can overtake.

same scenario:

B is processed within XI via queue 1

If all idocs (A/B) of the same type are in the same

queue the order of sending idocs to the receiver is

allways correct. OK?

A is processed within the XI before B. This is guaranteed. But A can overtake B in the receiving R/3 system.

general question:

Is XI putting idocs of the same type allways in the

same queue. When XI switches queues??

No. Only when you maintain the table IDXQUEUE

If i use your hint to populate table IDXQUEUE in the

XI-System, you say "in that case the IDOCs cannot

pass within the XI". What does it mean?

pass = overtake, outrun (german: überholen)

Is it clearer now?

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Stefan,

now it's clear. So I need to maintain that table to ensure that idocs can't be overtaken within XI.

Points rewarded.

Last question:

What is the correct name for a queue. How can i define a new queue? At the moment the queues in SXMB_MONI look like that:

XBTOH___0000

XBTOH___0001

XBTOH___0002

XBTOH___0001

So what is the correct name for a queue for an idoc message type to maintain table IDXQUEUE?Do '0001'...'0002' mean subqueues within main queue XBTOH??

Sorry for this simple question, but this is really new to me.

Regards,

Christian

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can choose any name you like, for example IDOC or ORDERS. This is easier to monitor. When a queue stops then you know what the queue contains.

The entries in the table are added to XBQI/XBQO, so EOIO queues are separated from EO queues.

You need not define the queues, they are automatically created with the first message.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!

Christian

Answers (0)