cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A tricky one - Username for SRM Confirmation Cancellation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm really hoping there is an answer to my problem - I would be very surprised if there isnu2019t!

Problem Summary

I am trying to identify where the username of the user who carried out a return or cancellation confirmation is held.

Example

(Classic scenario):

- User1 creates shopping cart

- User1 creates confirmation

- User2 creates a return delivery or cancellation centrally (BBPCF03)

What I've tried so far...

I have used BBP_PD to try and find a table where "USER2" would be held and can't find it anywhere. I can only find User1 as the original confirmation creator.

I have also checked function modules BBP_PD_CONF_GETDETAIL and still no luck in finding the actual user who cancelled/returned the confirmation.

Original requirement

The overriding requirement is to generate a workflow item and send it to the user who has cancelled/returned the goods receipt. The workflow is initially triggered in ECC using MB_DOCUMENT_BEFORE_UPDATE but we can carry out a RFC to get info from SRM.

Any ideas or answers would be greatly appreciated and points naturally awarded.

thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should get the name of the person who chnaged the confirmation in the field CHANGED_BY in the table E_ITEM of the FM "BBP_PD_CONF_GETDETAIL".Else You can query the tables BBP_PDHGP and BBP_PDIGP which stores the header as well as the item deatils for the confirmations done in SRM.

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response Disha!

I've done a bit more investigation...

Return Delivery

If I carry out a return delivery then a new confirmation docuement is created and as you correctly state the CHANGED_BY field gets populated. A new material docuement is created in ECC also.

Delete

However, when a confirmation is "Deleted" a new confirmation is not created in SRM (even though a new material doc is created in ECC). Strangely the CHANGED_BY field in SRM for the confirmation does not seem to get updated with the user responsible for deleting the confirmation. I find this surprising as there is apparently no record of the user who deleted the confirmation.

I wonder if anyone could try this out in their system to see if the same thing happens - i.e. there is no record of the user who deleted the confirmation if different from the original confirmation creator.

Thanks for the help so far it's good to know there are people who can give really useful advice.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I cant reproduce the scenario on my system as I am currently working on a standalone system.Sorry about that.

In addition,you can also check in CDHDR & CDPOS tables for change log.See if it can help to get some info and do update the thread if you find out the solution.

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.