cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass value from Main window to Child window

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a situation like call main window to child window for drill down.

Screnerio:

Main window :

Contains table of 4 columns one column as a hreflink, data is coming from query.

If click in a table row href I need to open child window execute a query taking main window selected value and display the related results in child window or popup what ever it is.

I can do with out table eg like push button, by using custom action .

Please help me it is urgent

Thanks

TK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are getting the result with push button means you can get the result form table rows also by assaing the same custom action(what you had assigne dot pusah button) to the one of the coulmn fields then you can get your requirement

Regards,

Govindu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you guys. It solves my problem.

I have used

&_paramsXmlStr_=<Params><Row%20cust=%22"&@customer_key & "%22></Row></Params>"

to solve my issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TKaveti,

As per my understanding you want to click the row and that selected row values has to be passed to a query(data service) and execute that data service to display the details in other form in other window.

Just try to follow these steps:

1.> Create two iviews.

2.> First Iview: Drag the Data service to get the table datas

3.> Create a table and in the property of it give the system action as select rows.

4.> Drag a signal out from that table and link the datas which u want to pass to teh other data service.

5.> Give the proper name for the signal out and please do not forget to name the link with the action select which you have mentioned in the table properties.

6.> Go to second iview: Drag the data service which will take the value of the table

row and display the details

7.> create a signal out of the same name os signal out.link it with the data service.

8.> From data service drag a form and just assign the proper values.

just save and deploy. I hope it will fulfill your requirement.

Regards,

Nutan