cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions concerning SVG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am learning dynamic graphics, according to my understanding, there is always a Image Saver action block after Animation Renderer action block in this kind of BLS. So after input some parameter to the SVG, a jpg pic should be saved somewhere for the html to access. My question is if refresh rate is very high, the jpg picture save action will be a burden?

Thanks a lot,

Yiming.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yiming,

Depends on what you mean by refresh. The refresh of the html page does not automatically generate a new image since the image you save will be static. You will need to have some additional logic built into your page to cause the image to be updated. How often are you running the transaction and what is triggering it to run?

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I have the same question. For standard template say iGrid there is a "auto refresh" to enable the Grid refresh by the different input data. I want SVG in the same way, seems the only method is to generate jpg or png pic from SVG in a certain rate( say 1 second). The problem is if the jpg is big and grenerated in a high rate, will it take a long time?

Thanks,

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tony,

In your HTML page where you are calling SVG images you write the following code for autorefresh.Now it is refreshing each 30 sec. You can change it.In iGrid there is auto refresh means only grid will be refreshed but not the whole page.

But in SVG image case there is nothing like this.You need to refresh the whole page.

By using this code your pgae will be automatically refreshed each 30 sec.

I am not able to paste the single line code here.Please guide me how to paste else i will send to your mail.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

I don't know why you are not able to paste the code. Could you please try this:

copy & paste the code to the .txt file and copy & paste code from the file.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

If the jpg is big and grenerated in a high rate means your transaction is taking more time to execute, then you will get performance issue on your application.

So to avoid this, you schedule the transactions on backend.Suppose transaction will execute each 30 sec and it will save the jpg in a specific folder.From there you can call the jpg to your HTML page.And by using autorefresh you HTML page will be refreshed.It wont create any performance issue.

Thanks,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

I tried how you suggested. But not able to send the code.

So i am sending by your mail.

Thanks,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yiming,

I dont know your mail .Please give me your mail.

Thanks,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

mail to "paranoid_gre at hotmail dot com", this forum forbid to post a mail address thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

I have sent the code by your mail.Same code you write in your HTML page where you are displaying the svg images.It will refresh the whole page automatically.

Thanks,

Manisha

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can add an email address to your profile in SDN for others to contact you. You can also turn it on and off if you don't want to always have people to see it.

Mike

Answers (0)