Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchronous SOAP to HTTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have the following scenario,

An external system CRM (non-SAP) system is sending a synchronous request to XI as XML over SOAP protocol.

XI has to execute 6 subsequent synchronous XML requests over HTTP protocol to an external HTTP Web Server. An then it has to merge the results of the three last responses/messages from the HTTP server into one message and send this back to the CRM.

I have created a synchronous outbound message interface with a sender SOAP communication chanel with QoS Best Effort.

In the BPM, I have used a receive step in order to open an S/A Bridge. Then there are 6 subsequent send synchronous steps and between the last 3 synchronous steps, I have inserted 3 container elements in order to create a multiline message type with the three last responses.

a) The S/A Bridge is necessary, isnt't it? Could I implement this by using a send asynchronous step in the end of the BPM ?

b) If I have the S/A Bridge, in ID do I need a receiver determination in order to send the result from BPM to the sender CRM system ?

c) Do I need a receiver agreeement/SOAP receiver adapter in order to send the result back to CRM?

Tnank you,

Best Regards

Evaggelos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evaggelos,

An external system CRM (non-SAP) system is sending a synchronous request to XI as XML over SOAP protocol.XI has to execute 6 subsequent synchronous XML requests over HTTP protocol to an external HTTP Web Server. An then it has to merge the results of the three last responses/messages from the HTTP server into one message and send this back to the CRM.

I have created a synchronous outbound message interface with a sender SOAP communication chanel with QoS Best Effort.In the BPM, I have used a receive step in order to open an S/A Bridge. Then there are 6 subsequent send synchronous steps and between the last 3 synchronous steps, I have inserted 3 container elements in order to create a multiline message type with the three last responses.

a) The S/A Bridge is necessary, isnt't it? Could I implement this by using a send asynchronous step in the end of the BPM ?

Yes you can use S/A bridge .

b) If I have the S/A Bridge, in ID do I need a receiver determination in order to send the result from BPM to the sender CRM system ?

NO

c) Do I need a receiver agreeement/SOAP receiver adapter in order to send the result back to CRM?

NO

Regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore,

Thanks for your replies. I have assigned points.

a) You think that BPM is inevitable, right?

b) In BPM in container element, can I skip the counter, since I know that I want to append 3 rows in the message ? Since it is a fixed length?

c) In order to publish this Configuration Scneario, I know I have to go to ID and from the wizard, create the WSDL for this scenario. Is it possible to have the same WSDL for different scenarios, i.e. the same WSDL with different operation-names/functions?

Evaggelos

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Evaggelos,

does your WS sync? if so, no BPM es needed. in MI select Sync

you need to define 2 MM one for send one for request. in IM when you import the MI check that the RESPONSE tab appear over request MT. define the MM for request. later press response tab and select the response MM

doesnt matter how many request. the sceneario will work for each one.

Thanks

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said it is a synchronous WS, which I need to publish when finished in order for CRM to be able to call it synchronously.

I guess, you misunderstood. The 6 synchronous send steps to HTTP Web Server are different, not identical. Therefore, BPM is essential.

Evaggelos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, in container operation what is the use of "Expression" attribute ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Expression in container is to evaluate the condition on container ( count no of message received by adding a counter 1 or 2 using expression )

Regards,

Kishore