SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion: discount on total purchase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears, please help. I need to create promo with the following conditions - give discount (i.e. 10 EUR) if total purchase value is over i.e. 100EUR. This condition shouldn't depend on articles which customer buys. I can do it by assigning ALL articles to my promo and then create bonus with absolute discount on Total sale with my condition value. BUT - what if new article is cretaed? Then we need to include it into promo. And we shouldn't forget to do it for each new article... May be you can advise another option?

Thanks is advance,

Fedor.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member335292
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fedor,

Promotion can be given on the basis of either of the following in a broader sense

1)Based on Articles - This is applicable primarily if all articles dont belong to the same merchandise category in which case an article group can be created and linked to the promotion.

2)Based on Merchandise categories : This is applicable only when all articles within the promotion need to have the same merchandise category.

In your case since you want the discount of 10Eur to be given if a total purchase equals 100Euros(10% discount on the total purchase).You want all the newly created articles to be available in the promotion.This is only possible based on the second scenario wherein promotion/discount is given on the basis of the merchandise category.

Over and above you need to remember one single fact that promotion has got a defined validity period(ranging from 1 day to 1 week to 1 month to several months)..So at any point of time only when the article that is newly created falls within the promotion period,the discount will be applicable.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Aram K.

0 Kudos

Aram,

thanks a lot for your explanations. Just to clarify - should i cpecify all articles on Fast entry screen? If yes i have to select articles via Merchandise category and not via article number. Is it correct?

Fedor

0 Kudos

Hi Fedor,

Yes..you need not put all the articles in the fast entry screen.instead you can go to SE!6 - Enter MARA in the table and then key in all these articles.It will show you the merchandise category(Field name is MATKL) and based on that you can decide which type of promotion you can choose.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Aram K.

0 Kudos

Hi Aram,

If I do not put any article in Fast entry screen I can't fulfill Subsequent processing (activate prices etc.).

Could you please explain step by step all the actions I have to do in my case. I know how to select march categories, how to create grouping based on those categories, how to create bonus buy on Total sale.

The issue is - what to put in Fast entry screen and how to do it?

Thanks for your help,

Fedor.