cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to debug F110 - Payment Advice Script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am unable to debug Payment Advice SAP Script - ZF110_IN_AVIS. While Printing, F110 is creating background job and is creating a spool request. I would like to break before printing in the Print program.

Can anyone suggest me how to break in print program when printing goes to background mode?.

FYI:

I tried activating Debugging option both at script level, have put break point in print program etc and it did not work.

Many thanks ,

Rama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member

Rama,

The payment run transaction F110 causes the program to run in background and it will not be easy debugging the program in background.

If you go to the print tab of the payment run, you will find actually which program is run and the variant.

Usually this program is RFFOEDI1.

Run this program through SE38 for the given variant and debug like any other report program.

I do this very often and have not faced any issues so far.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sushil Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In F110, there will be a tab - print/data medium. there you can find the program name along with the variant name. instead of running F110, you can simply run the in se38. the program name should be somewhat like RF*_T. i am sure this time the debugger would stop.

rgds,

Naba

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Go to the transaction SM37 and select the background job (with job status u2018Activeu2019) that you want to debug.

2) Now select u2018Capture: active jobu2019 from menu u2018Jobu2019,

3) This will open the selected active job (program) in the debugger.

Hope this will help you out.

reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Ravi mentioned use JDBG after the job is scheduled. Do not mark it for "Start Immdtly", give some later time and then in SM37 select the job enter JDBG no /n, just JDBG direct in the command box.

The program will go to debug,

or you can execute SM50 , dbl click your job and it will stop at the stmt that is currently executed.

Regards,

Subramanian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi:

If the background job is running atleast for sometime we can change the OK_CODE to jdbg but Payment run background job is running for 1 to 2 seconds. How can I deal with this situation.

Thanks,

Rama

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

rama,

just run RSTXDBUG in se38.

or also search with term in SDN background debug.

Amit.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto sm37.

select your job.

type jdbg in the OK-CODE

Debugging starts.

Regards,

ravi