cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Can anyone tell me the procedure to install a specific language for e.g Arabic, Chinese.

Thanks in advance.

anuroop

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Nowhwere it is mensioned that the Languages has to be installed using DDIC.

PLs go through this link...There are some SAP notes also pls check them.

In the required autorization link it is tols that which authorizations are required.if you have those i do not see any problem.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/a3/30ad5296b511d384bb0060975b04f3/frameset.htm

And also check this out:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/a3/30ad5296b511d384bb0060975b04f3/frameset.htm

And also the language imports using SMLT on the same page.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have installed the language with my user id i didn't do it with DDIC. IS it compulsory to do with the DDic and if i have done with the my user id will there be any effects.

Can i remove the installed lang packages and reinstall again .The installed packages still show the transport icon which means it is still not complmently imported.

Please helpme.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no requirement to use DDIC to install languages, but you should do it in client 000. As long as you have the required auths (and SMLT will tell you if you don't) it should be fine.

You cannot uninstall a language package, but you can re-import over the top of a previous import if needed.

If your import is stuck at the transport icon then you need to dig into the logs in your transport system to see what is going on. The language package is just a set of transports, so you can see logs being generated in /usr/sap/trans/log and /usr/sap/trans/tmp.

Typically a language pack can take several hours to import, depending on hardware and whether or not you selected to use multiple parallel import processes.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just installing the language in client 000 is not enough.

You have to

- create the language using report RSCPINST

- import the language in client 000 (using a user other than DDIC and SAP* as already mentioned)

- import the language part from the support packages if your actual SP level is higher than on installation DVDs

- refill the non-translated parts in 000

- refill your client

- add the language to the instance parameter "zcsa/installed_languages" (values can be seen with the report RSCPINST)

- restart the instance

On client side you have to

- add the codepage to the client system (using control panel)

- configure your SAPGUI to switch the font to the input language (otherwise you won't see everything correctly)

- configure your SAPGUI to use COURIER NEW as font, not "Arial monospaced"

- if you use asian languages you have to activate the I18N mode of SAPGUI

In non-unicode systems you can only add languages of the same codepage. As of ERP 6.0 (NW 7.0) an MDMP setup is no more supported and you MUST have a Unicode system to import e. g. Arabic or asian languages.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply and information given.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Does SAP supports Canadian French? if yes where to buy the pack

Thanks

yasar

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know Canada has no "special French", you can use the normal French language pack - language FR.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have implemneted the languages Arabic and Danish sucessfully in the test system. But the user says that

Lot of SAP screens of Danish he can still see English.

In the SAP Menu tree also they can see some english

But when they try executing cerntain transaction like ME23n - error message comes saying this transaction is not defined. But this transaction is there when we tried in Eng or other languages.

Few other things like when we try ME21n or VA03 - some error messages come up.

What is the best way to resolve the same. I have tried retransporting them but still the same issues.

thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you do all the steps I outlined in my earlier answer here? Client refill, support package parts etc.?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I didn't do the Client Refill, as i am not aware of the procedure to do the same. Regd the support packages, what exactly do i need to download.

Thanks.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a menu point in the transaction SMLT - Special Actions.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I have done the support packages . YES SMLT - Language -Special actions - Import support packages - i have done this.

Any think more to solve the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the client Refile, you said to run in 000 i went to se38 and ran RSREFILL, it has asked to fill the fields,

I have filled the following in the fields, please correct me

Reference Language D/E ?--- Danish

Language to Be Updated --- EN

Test Mode --- X

Update Mode Ins./Rep --- I

thanks

pl help

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends in what sequence you installed the languages.

If you refilled it with english first and then use the client refill english data will be copied.

It's very difficult to help you without having access to the system, I suggest you open an OSS call and let the support people have a look on the system.

Markus

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Have a look at the below thread.

Thanks.