cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File server instead of content server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sappies,

We dont have content server and planning to store DMS documents in some fileserver, size of documents is not so high. Is it possible to configure fileserver on place of content server for storing files through DMS, if yes, how to do that?

Regards,

Punam modi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following data carrier types are supported as secure storage areas for storing original application files:

SAP Database (settings available in standard SAP System)

Archive (selection in Customizing Document Management and data transport using the SAP ArchiveLink interface)

Vault (definition in Customizing Document Management)

For More details refer sap help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c1/1c31a243c711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Document Management

-

> Original Application File of a Document Info Record

-

>Storage in Secure Areas of Document Management System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VS,

Pls. dont create confusion, the only thing I want to know is on place of content server, how to put the ip address of file server. Will it takes valid? Pls. tell me the procedure of how to configure fileserver, on place of content server. Exactly which one to take, vault or any other?

Regards,

Punam Modi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use vault

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punam,

Use "Define mount points / logical drive" under the Define data carrier type "external DMS".

Please award points if useful.

Thanks,

Paddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear VS,

I m getting a rough vision of my solution. I m using a File Server, to store all originals, but I m unaware about how to configure the file server for SAP DMS. Is this file server works as local network or people from other city can also access DMS documents?

Kindly help me out of this issue. I m stuck of this........

Regards,

Punam modi

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are going to use vault sytem for storage.

it's like accessing document in intra-network.

if you want to access document in valut you must be able to connect the vault server(file server) from your local machine.

Hence in your case if you are going to access the file server from other city. You must have added the route in file sever.

Contact you hardware people for adding route command.

Examples:

route ADD 157.0.0.0 MASK 255.0.0.0 157.55.80.1 METRIC 3 IF 2

........destination..............mask...........gateway....metric.....^Interface

Answers (0)