cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how reading MSR tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I installed MI client 7.0 on my Pochet PC (WM 2003) and deployed MSR application with its data. Now I want to see the content of db2e tables located in directory \MI\data\.

I put all DB2e*.dll and db2ejdbc.jar in \MI\data\ folder and carried out the QueryByExample tool that I have download at this link:

http://www.download.com/IBM-DB2-Everyplace-Query-by-Example-Pocket-PC-/3000-2156_4-10073570.html?hhT...

I succeed to create new tables and to see them but I don't succeed to see the MSR tables.

I noticed that my tables have DSY_ prefix without extension instead the MSR tables that I'm trying to read are in .dat extension :

cMSR20_01_020.dat

cMSR20_01_TOP.dat

cMSR20_02_010.dat

cMSR20_02_TOP.dat

Does exist a different tool that I can use in order to read these .dat files? Or I'm mistaking something?

Thanks you,

Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maria,

Check folowing Note 1049921 - DB2e CLP tool for analysing DB2e database tables on SAP Marketplace.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Thank you for your response but I had already done it.

In fact, according to sap note 1049921, I put DB2e.dll, DB2eJDBC.dll and Cryptoplugin.dll into data folder where all the tables are present: \MI\data\ of my pocket PC (WM 2003), but DB2eCLP in attachment doesn't work on pda, so I have download the tool IBM "DB2 Everyplace Query by Example" that is a graphical tool that include also DB2eCLP for Pocket PC. Through DB2eCLP I have run the following query:

CREATE TABLE test (id int, descr char(10))

and new files named DSY_test and DSY_itest have been created together with all system tables as:

DSY_DB2eSYSCOLUMNS

DSY_DB2eSYSRELS

DSY_DB2eSYSTABLES...

I see that all tables created by me have DSY_ prefix without extension and I succeed to read them successfully through DB2eCLP but I don't succeed to read all MSR tables because (I think) the MSR tables have .dat extension without DSY_ prefix. Is it correct that in \MI\data\ folder the MSR tables are .dat files without DSY_ prefix? How can I read these kinds of files?

Thank you in advance,

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

You are trying to access files created with File I/O with db2e tool which will not work.

.dat extension means you are using File I/O for persistence for your application. So as far as I know you dont have any tool to check the data that is created with File I/O.

So I would suggest you to first install your applciation using db2e and then use the db2eclp tool as mentioned in the note. Then you will be able to access all the tables and view the data.

Hope that clears your question.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

thanks for your response. But what do you means with "first install your application using db2e"?

In fact I have deployed MSR application on my PDA through SAP Netweaver Administrator, after having made the following actions directly on my PDA in order to install db2e:

- I have copied db2ejdbc.jar in \MI\lib\

- I have added the entry "\MI\lib\db2ejdbc.jar;" to both creme_listOfJars.txt and listOfJars.txt file present within \MI folder

- I have copied CryptoPlugin.dll , DB2e.dll, DB2eJDBC.dll in Windows\creme\bin\

- I have edited MobileEngine.config file present within \MI\settings folder appending the following lines:

MobileEngine.Persist.Jdbc.PreparedStatementCacheSize=15

MobileEngine.Persist.Encryption=

MobileEngine.Persist.Jdbc.Driver=com.ibm.db2e.jdbc.DB2eDriver

MobileEngine.Persist.Jdbc.DbUrl=jdbc:db2e:%d

MobileEngine.Persist.Jdbc.DbName=db2e

MobileEngine.Persist.Jdbc.Db2.Dll=DB2eJDBC,CryptoPlugin, DB2e

MobileEngine.Persist.Implementation.TransactionManager = com.sap.ip.me.persist.jdbc.DBPersistenceManagerImpl

MobileEngine.Persist.Implementation.TransactionManager2 = com.sap.ip.me.persist.jdbc.DBPersistenceManagerImpl

MobileEngine.Persist.Implementation.DescriptorRuntime = com.sap.ip.me.persist.jdbc.DBDescriptorRuntimeImpl

MobileEngine.Persist.Implementation.PersistenceRuntime = com.sap.ip.me.persist.jdbc.DBPersistenceRuntimeImpl

MobileEngine.Persist.Implementation.QueryRuntime = com.sap.ip.me.persist.core.QueryRuntimeImpl.

Is it correct? Or do you mean that I must to deploy db2eV822.zip as Add-on through SAP Netweaver Administrator?

Thanks,

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

thanks for your response. But what do you means with "first install your application using db2e"?

In fact I have deployed MSR application on my PDA through SAP Netweaver Administrator, after having made the following actions directly on my PDA in order to install db2e:

- I have copied db2ejdbc.jar in \MI\lib\

- I have added the entry "\MI\lib\db2ejdbc.jar;" to both creme_listOfJars.txt and listOfJars.txt file present within \MI folder

- I have copied CryptoPlugin.dll , DB2e.dll, DB2eJDBC.dll in Windows\creme\bin\

- I have edited MobileEngine.config file present within \MI\settings folder appending the following lines:

MobileEngine.Persist.Jdbc.PreparedStatementCacheSize=15

MobileEngine.Persist.Encryption=

MobileEngine.Persist.Jdbc.Driver=com.ibm.db2e.jdbc.DB2eDriver

MobileEngine.Persist.Jdbc.DbUrl=jdbc:db2e:%d

MobileEngine.Persist.Jdbc.DbName=db2e

MobileEngine.Persist.Jdbc.Db2.Dll=DB2eJDBC,CryptoPlugin, DB2e

MobileEngine.Persist.Implementation.TransactionManager = com.sap.ip.me.persist.jdbc.DBPersistenceManagerImpl

MobileEngine.Persist.Implementation.TransactionManager2 = com.sap.ip.me.persist.jdbc.DBPersistenceManagerImpl

MobileEngine.Persist.Implementation.DescriptorRuntime = com.sap.ip.me.persist.jdbc.DBDescriptorRuntimeImpl

MobileEngine.Persist.Implementation.PersistenceRuntime = com.sap.ip.me.persist.jdbc.DBPersistenceRuntimeImpl

MobileEngine.Persist.Implementation.QueryRuntime = com.sap.ip.me.persist.core.QueryRuntimeImpl.

Is it correct? Or do you mean that I must to deploy db2eV822.zip as Add-on through SAP Netweaver Administrator?

Thanks,

Maria

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maria,

As per my understanding you need to deploy the Db2E addon from NetWeaver Admin before you assign any mobile app (at least this is case in MAM, so should be same for MSR as well.)

So in your case unassign the current MSR application, upload the Db2E addon and assign to the device. Then assign the MSR application.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

As Chintan specified in his last reply, you need to first uninstall the application from the device. Then upload the DB2E plugin to the Netweaver Administrator, then first deploy the Db2e plugin on to the device and then deploy the application.

After that you can follow all the steps you have done earlier to access the tables.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva, Chintan,

Thank you very much for your help! Now I have succeeded to read all MSR tables.

Maria

Answers (0)