cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was trying to create a repository using ABAP API. But it is giving me an error.

Server return code 0x8402000B: DCNI_MSG_CatalogExists

In R/3 side I am using MDM_TECH 555_640 .

MDM is 5.5.SP6(5.5.61.48)

For ABAP API, I am using the Provider Type 55_SP06_PL01( CL_MDM_PROVIDER_55_SP06_PL01).

I did all MDMAPIC settings.

Please help me.

Regards,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your Error, i feel the Repository which you are going to create is already created on your MDM Server. Please check for the same. Also Check may be this existing Repository is not visible and is available under your Archive folder, you need to Mount this Repository. other thing you can do, try to create repository with the same Name from MDM Console if its already created, it will not let you create this repository with this same name. In report , try to create Repository with some other name and with different Port.

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if Useful......

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

You are right. It is creating internally.Same Repository is showing while mounting manually in the drop down. But I cant able to mount it.It is saying 'Cant able to connect to MDM Repository' when I am trying manually.

Later I tried again with other repository name and port using ABAP API. But its giving another error now.

Server return code 0x84020009: DCNI_MSG_ErrDBModify

Please help....

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would Suggest first Restart your MDM Server, then try to Mount that Repository from MDM Console. while Mounting Please check the port which you are giving is not given to any other repository . I mean if the Port which u are giving is already given to any other repository and that repository is in Running state then it also dnt let you to Mount Repository. So in this case Please give new port for your Mounted Repository between 2000 to 9999.

Later I tried again with other repository name and port using ABAP API. But its giving another error now.

Server return code 0x84020009: DCNI_MSG_ErrDBModify

Please take care of feeling these Parameters as in your report:

lv_log_object_name = 'XYZ'.

*fills dbms authority info structure

ls_dbms_auth_inf-dbms_user_name = 'sa'.

ls_dbms_auth_inf-dbms_password = 'admin'.

*fills dbms info structure

ls_dbms_info-host_name = ls_config_info-dbms_host.

ls_dbms_info-db_type = ls_config_info-dbms_type.

*fills repository info structure

ls_rep_info-repository_name = 'API_CREATED_REPO'.

ls_rep_info-repository_description = 'created using mdm abap api'.

ls_rep_info-repository_port = 6097.

ls_rep_info-repository_partition = 0.

Also check either your connection from R/3 to MDM Server is estabilishing or not using HowTo_07.pdf. with this tracing report by passing your logical object Name you could find Connection to repository is estabilishing or not.

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if found Useful.....

Mandeep Saini

Edited by: Mandeep Saini on Jul 14, 2008 3:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still it was not working.

But when I delete one of the repository and executing the ABAP API, it is creating the repository.

But I cant able to login to that repository. When I am giving the user name and password, it is saying Repository connection failed.Error Invalid logon credentials

Later I tried to create manually in console. Then it is creating the repository and able to login.

Please help...

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Repository connection failed.Error Invalid logon credentials

Login to your Repository using Console > go to Admin-> Users---> create a user in caps letter with the same name as your R/3 user. you can set password as blank.

Now try using from R/3 to connect to your MDM using ABAP APIs. It should work. Your Repository must contain one user as of R/3 system.

Please mark the thread as Answered if your Query solved.

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Edited by: Mandeep Saini on Jul 15, 2008 3:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But I cant able to login to repository manually.I think you are confused.

If I click the repository which created through ABAP API, we have to give the user and password.

At this point of time, I am getting that error.

But there is no problem for other repository.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil ,

I want to ask you why you are giving user name and password at the time of logon to the repository in console.Have you set any password at the time of creation of your repository using ABAB API if not then just go to the Console and login to the repository and give only the user name(Keep in mind at the time you create a repository using ABAP API it creates a user in the repository with the same name you loged in to R\3 System so use that user name to log in the repository from console ), and keep the password blank.

Hope it will solve your problem.

Reward if helpfull.

Regards,

Viany Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thank you very much. It is working fine now.

What happened is that we was using SP05 early. There after creating the respository through ABAP API, we have to go to MDM console and create the same user manually.

But now we are using SP06. Here we dont want to create the same user of R/3 manually. It will create the same user automatically.

I was trying as we are working on SP05. That was the problem.Thank you once again

Regards,

Nikhil

Answers (0)