cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown by Index -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i had a dropdown by index elemet, i am getting list of values from backend thru an RFC,

in that dropdown list i added 'search' as hard coded value and this will be diplayed along with my list.if i choose 'search ' from dropdown list and click on "Search" from the list i need to open a popup window.

i set my list as index and set value 'index eq 1' as search.

if index value 1 then i get a popup.if i choose the same as second time iam not getting popup window. becoz that time index value changed.

How can i set the Index,

whenever i choose search and click then i need to display a popup window.

Thanks,

Raju.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how the index value is getting changed?

You have a drop down list, upon selecting particular option you want to display a popup. read the lead selection and show the popup, i am not getting why the index is getting changed

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

my requirement is i had a dropdown by index list values, i added a 'search' value to the list, i want to select a value which i s not in list ,then i choose ' search' value and click then i need to display a popup window . i can choose values from popup window.

how to open a popup based on 'search' click.

pls provide any steps or inputs.

Thanks,

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You will first want make sure there is an event whenever a new value is selected in your DDLB. For this you implement the onSelect action. Now when you data bound the texts property you set it to a node in your context. From within your onSelect event handler you can read the context element that is currently selected using LeadSelection. You can then check the value to see if it your search element and if so open your popup window. Does that describe what you want to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas ,

The problem with the drop down is that if I select an already selected item from the drop down list the OnSelect event does not get fired.

Thanks,

Raju.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Thomas ,

>

> The problem with the drop down is that if I select an already selected item from the drop down list the OnSelect event does not get fired.

>

>

> Thanks,

> Raju.

I guess I don't see how that is related. That is simply the way the DDLB works. If you need to change the value of the selected item, just set the LeadSelection of the Context Node it is bound to. Otherwise if you need the user to be able to reset it so the onSelect fires again, I usually had a blank item to the DDLB items. Otherwise I'm afraid I don't really understand where the problem is coming from.