cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explosion of BOM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Consultant friends,

In one of my scenarios,the customer is sending a material to be serviced to a plant and at first the finished good is taken in the plant through a repair order.Thereafter,with reference to the repair order,a service order is prepared and there in the service order a BOM explosion is required.After the BOM is exploded,the subitem required to be repaired would be used.But the problem is that though the BOM explosion is not required at the level of repair order,it is exploding there itself.Can anybody suggest me how to map this scenario,so that BOM explosion takes place at the level of Service order only.

Regards

Raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe the BOM is created with usage as Sales and distribution, If you want to make the BOM to be exploded in the service order, then the BOM usae should be Plant Maintenance. If you are using equipment, the create an equipment BOM.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reply is not very clear.Could you please give me the detailed steps of what needs to be done.

Regards

Raja Roy

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear friend,

As told me that in one of your scenarios,the customer is sending a material to be serviced to a plant and at first the finished good is taken in the plant through a repair order.Thereafter,with reference to the repair order,a service order is prepared and there in the service order a BOM explosion is required. After the BOM is exploded,the subitem required to be repaired would be used.But the problem is that though the BOM explosion is not required at the level of repair order,it is exploding there itself.

So here, Kindly see what item category you are using in Repair Order and Service Order. As Item category plays a critical factor in BOM Explosion. So in Item categories you are using in Repair order, chosse relevant structure scope under Bill of material section in Item Category as per your requirment.

Say, If the item categories you are using in Repair order and Service order are same then try and define/use diiferent Item categories and maintain coresponding item categories assignments, accordingly.

Hope this time its clear. If not then tell me whete.

Regards JP

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See the Item categories you are using in Repair order. Change/modify its structure scope of Item category, accordingly.

If the item cats you are using in Repair and service order are same then try and use diiferent Item cats and maintain cooresponding item cats assignments, accordingly.

Take care. JP