cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer input file into XI through sender file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am quite new to XI. Want to know how I can transfer a file into XI through sender file adapter. I dont have any input file, so I have to create a sample input file and I want to transfer that into XI. Can you please advise me of the steps involved in that. I have finished work in design and directory, now I want to push file the sample file into XI. The receiver adapter is an IDoc adapter. And also a very trivial question. How I can place my sample file into my source directory. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

The file adapter polls the source directory that you mentioned for the file name specified.

Place the sample file in the source directory (for NFS).

If you use FTP, then, give the login credentials and FTP connection parameters along with the procesing parameters(like you want to delete the file after picking it up).

Regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka

Thanks for your help. One trivial question. I am not able to place my sample file into the required directory. Can you please help me with how I can do that.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which transport protocol you are using? ftp or nfs??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka

Sorry, forgot to mention, realised later. It NFS.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

If your transport protocol is NFS then you need to put the file in the XI server. Because it becomes the Network File System. For that you can just type the ip address of the XI server in the "run" command or in the browser with "
" then in any of the Folders you can paste your file. But ensure that this is the path you give in your Sender File Adapter.

If your transport protocol is FTP then you need to see that ftp is running in your system. for that go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>Add/Remove Components. In that check the IIS server and go to details and see that ftp is also checked. Now ftp is running in your system.

Now open your C:> drive >InetPub>ftproot . and create a folder here and paste your file. In the configuration of your File sender adapter just mention the name of the folder.

For your information, you can create a file with xml tags and namespace and message type manually (or) you can directly get it from the test tab of message mapping and generate source code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

I have got a similar problem, i have put that file on XI Integration server, but i am not able to trigger my scenario. I mean to say that the file is not being picked. If any one can help me....

regards...

Mithlesh Kumar Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Access the source directory from the 'run' command and paste your input xml into it.

For getting the input file: Go to Message mapping-> test tab-> give in the sampple values. Go to SRC and get the xml document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mithlesh,

Chk the sender communication channel for the parameter file procesing parameter : whether you specified it as test.Change it to delete mode.

also chk in adapter monitor whether ur channel is green or not.

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithlesh

Please check whatever Prinyanka has said, and also see that the file name what you have given in the XI server is same as the name mentioned in Sender File Adapter and it is case sensitive and also put the respective extension.

animesh_kumar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

check this :

regards,

Animesh