cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raw material sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

I want to selll my raw materials ,becoz now this is not using anyother process.

what are the pre requsites for this????

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vamshi is absoultely right !!!!

There is a law that manufacturers should not sell raw material to customers directly and if anybody sells like that, it is a violation of Act. Of course One plant can transfer raw material to another plant but should not sell.

Still if the manufacturer want to sell raw material, the part code should be different and it should assigned via routing - TCode CA01. From SD point of view, there is no different process to be followed. Normal OR-LF-F2 is enough.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to the MAterial type settings in Logistics general and change the relevant settings for the material type for raw materials. It will allow you to sell.

Ensure that you ahve the authorisation to do so. Standard SAP does not allow you to sell raw materials but in practice there is a scenario called as is sales which is not treated as trading. Hence this requirement.Materials as a general rule shold have only one type. You should not maintain a dual type. This will have implications.

regards

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

is there any settings needed for Item category level or scheduline category level???

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to OMWW and enable the Sales view.

Once this is done then you can maintain the sales view in MM01 and then sell the material.

Reward points.

Thanks

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do this by maintain/activate all the required Sales related tabs and its relevent sales related Fields for the respective raw materials:

for instance,.

> Basic Data1 Tab,

> Sales Text Tab,

> Sales: Sales Org1 Tab,

> Sales: Sales Org2 Tab,

> General Plant Tab,

> Accounting1 Tab...etc.

If helped, kindly reward points.

Take care. JP.

vamshikrishnajm
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think you can sell a raw material. What you can do is extend the same material with different material type like fert. As stated above you need to take care of the tabs. Once you are done with you can sell the material.

thanks

Vamshi

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vamshi,

I tried it on my system and even in normal practise in one of my client company where I was on support, I have seen that.

So, kindly try what i said and if you are not able to achieve that, then do let me know.

NOTE: IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO VIEW THE SAID TAB IN MM02 WHEN YOU ARE MAINTAINING THE SALES VIEW FOR RAW MATERIAL. THEN KINDLY USE TCODE MM01 THE SAME MATERIAL AND EXTEND THE SAID TABS AND MAINTAIN THE REQUIRED TAB AND FIELD.

Take care. JP

vamshikrishnajm
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jp,

I think you are again explaining the same thing what I have said above. What is the doubt here ?? I was just explaining the functional concept..if u read my explanation it is same as urs..please read it again

Thanks

Vamshi