cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abap API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a scenario where I need to use abap api to fetch data from mdm system.

Here have coded to fetch data from mdm system and done the required configurations in mdmapic transaction. but I get a dump.

It says "BSEI_MSG_BADCRC" error.

Kindly someone help me resolve this error.

I have done mdmapic configuration to use the provider class of sp06 . I also used the provider class of sp05 .both give the same error.

The build of SAPMDM is 5.5.40.83 and the provider class of spo5 in mdmapic has a build 5.5.42.79 .should the provider system have the same build . I also checked for add on with that build in service market place. It was not available.

Regards

Sudheendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Going into mdmapic the provider class that you should use must have the same patch match with that of the MDM_TECH. For e.g if the MDM_TECH patch is 5.5.40.xx then you should select the provider class which is in the range of 5.5.40.xx and more. Since you MDM SERVER is on sp06 so you should select the patch installed for the sp06 which you will get it from service market place.

Also check if you are selecting the same object name which you have given in the configuration. Sometimes, it might get error because of that.

Also can you tell me how you checking the connection between R/3 and MDM.

Regards

Richa

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are also facing same issue. Can you please let us know what you did to resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheendra,

Please check the last 4 characters of your provider type like PL00 or PL01. This tells you about the patch you are using. If you are using MDM SP06 at patch level 1 (say). Then your provider type for SP06 should be ending with PL01.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks for your help.

I changed few parameters and now I get the below error.

" Protocol header 0108000000010000 has invalid signature"

Kindly help me resolve this error

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a timeout issue.

What can be done?

- Find out whether particular operations somtimes terminate with a

networking timeout (Use the ABAP API logging and tracing mechanisms for

this purpose)

- Look whether you are using potentialy long running MDM commands

(Search, matching, maintainance, retrieval or deletion of large numbers

of records, creating repositories)

- If possible split mass operations up into smaller chunks.

- If timout is an issue you may also increase the kernel default value

for MDM networking timeout. Transaction: RZ11, parameter name: mdm/network_timeout.

For more details please have a look at CSN Note 1231969

Kind Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I strongly feel it comes just because of Version Mis-matching. Your MDM Server and Provider Class shold be of same Version. as CRC always indicates Version Mismatching.

E.g. For MDM server version 5.5 SP6 patch1 then install MDM_Tech 5.5.5_640:patch004 or MDM_Tech 5.5.5_700:patch004 as per your R/3 system release.

you could check it using HowTo_07. pdf , on executing this report you could know connection to your MDM Server is estabilishing Properly or not. here in this report you have to change one Parameter logical object name which you have given in transaction MDMAPIC

you could find more Add-on patch on Service Market Place while searching in Searching for All Categories. here search using MDM_TECH

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if useful....

Mandeep Saini