cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Progress (EVA)--Urgent Please

Former Member
0 Kudos

< MODERATOR: Message locked. Please read the [Rules of Engagement|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement] before posting next time. >

I am getting BCWP and BCWS 0. I did the following configuration.

1. Create Progress Version PR with exclusive use 'Progress Analysis'. I have selected Plan & Actual check boxes.

2. Settings for Progress Version-

a) Plan version - '0'

b) EV basis - Cost plan (active project, annual values)

c) POC weighting - Cost plan (active project, annual values)

d) Planning type - Basic dates

e) Early / Late - earliest possible

f) Both reference boxes selected

3. SKFs- I created three SKFs 10 (Non-Aggregated POC), 20 (Aggregated POC) and 30 (POC for RA) with unit of measure '%' and selected the Key value category 'Total values'.

4. I assigned these SKFs to different value categories. I created three value category 10, 20 & 30 with selection 'SKF with total values' and unit of measure '%'. Then I assigned SKF 10 to VC 10, SKF 20 to VC 20, SKF 30 to VC 30

5. I assigned measurement method as default value:

a) WBS (Plan) - Cost Proportional

b) WBS (Actual) - Cost Proportional

c) Internal Activity (Plan) - Cost Proportional

d) Internal Activity (Actual) - Degree of Processing

c) Exernal activity(Plan) - Cost Proportional

d) Exernal Activity (Actual) - Degree of Processing

6. I made progress cost element 65421 (Secondary cost element) with Cost element category as 61.

7.I maintain a value catagory 65421 with Cost radio button selected.

And assigned the progress cost element to the value catagory. i.e Cost element 65421 to value catagory 65421 .

8. I maintain the assignment of cost element group. ie. I assigned progress cost elemnt to cost element group with default radio button selected.

Run CJEN first then CNE1 and CNE5.

I run report "CHECKREPORT_PROGRESSANALYSIS" and got all green lights.

Good reward point will be awarded on minor helpful answer

Kind Regards

Asif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

u have selected the cost proportionality but how did u do the cost planning, kindly explain. Because BCWS and BCWP are clauculated correctly only incase of network costing. WBS Element level costing (i.e. using CJ9ECP or CJ40) doesnt give correct figures.

check wether u have maintained the POC weightage at the lowest object level.

Regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali

Thanks for your good answer. In CN41 my report shows plan cost at WBS but not at activity or network level. Although I have used work centers with planned activity types and also there are material commitments on these activities. still it does not show planned cost.

Can u guide me how to do planning at activity and network.

Thanks in Advance

Asif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

Please help me in getting BCWP and BCWS

Kind Regards

Asif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Settings look OK. I had troubles in the past with default settings for progress methodology. You can test this by removing the customizing. Next mantain the settings manually in the project structure and test the progress calculation again.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Paul

Thanks for ur reply. Can you please further guide me how to do it in project structure manually.

Thanks

Asif