cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document not displayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am facing an unusual situation while using Solman. The situation is like that I am uploading some documents in the additional document tab of the blueprint(Solar01) and the documents are uploaded properly.

But when I try to view the same uploaded documents I am not able to view them as the system gives a message"The document can not be displayed".

Request you to please share your views/ thoughts on this.

Rgds

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is may be because of SAP GUI. If it is 710 You need to install patch SAP GUI 710 level 9.

Edited by: Bhanu Sree on Aug 22, 2008 7:23 AM

Edited by: Bhanu Sree on Aug 22, 2008 7:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

manish,

I have come across this issue on occasions. I have not managed to find the root cause but it is generally cleared by logging out and back in again.

Otherwise, highlight the document and click on the attributes button. Then select the history tab and display one of the previous versions. This will normally allow the document to be displayed.

It is a weird one though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Did you check authorisation (SU53 or trace); sometimes it can be silly errors due to authorisation, if you use 'custom' made roles.

By the way, did you say 'additional document tab' in SOLAR01. Was this a custom made one ?

Cheers,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is being accessed by the project manager profile. And there is nothing custom made.

I feel if the person is able to upload any document he should also be able to see it because display is the lowest thing in authorization.

Pls revert,

Rgds

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Display may be the lowest in authorisation (as an obvious expectation), but if there are custom built roles, it can pose issues unless all possible 'actions', 'project access' and other parameters are set in place.

The other usual reasons attributed for display errors is the SAP GUI versions and presence of right entry in host file, in windows folder.

Regards,

Srini

Edited by: Srinivasan Radhakrishnan on Jul 14, 2008 12:17 PM